Author Topic: Sunset Beach Apartments  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Fafbear

Sunset Beach Apartments
« on: May 15, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
We have booked Sunset Beach Apartments for two weeks in July, someone has told us it is quite far out away from all bars and restaurants, and that it is a dark lonely road to get home at night, have we made a big mistake - we were really looking forard to it.

Offline Bluwise

Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Hi Fafbear,
No you haven't made a mistake - it's true that it is a bit of a way out and if you walked from the Dolmus station it is indeed a bit dark but it really isn't far.
My suggestion would be to get a Dolmus back and ask them to take you to Sunset Beach - we were there in April and they would do that for us no problem.
The staff at Sunset will get you a taxi to go out if you prefer but trust me, I don't like walking in the heat and it genuinely isn't far to the dolmus.  I believe they even pass by the gate in the summer anyway.  Someone on here will confirm that I'm sure.
It's a lovely place to stay - enjoy.

Offline Fafbear

Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
Thanks Bluwise
You have put my min at rest nine weeks today should be on sun lounger with good book and cold beer can't wait.

Offline IanK

Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
Fafbear,

we have a place on Sunset and my wife and I have walked that "dark lonely road" many times - it takes all of 5 minutes on the way into town - and maybe 10 on the way back (cant think why). That gets you to the dolmus and to the start of the restaurants and bars (Guvens etc) - after that it gets brighter and less lonely with every step with the opportunity of refreshment never more than 10 paces away.

To give you an idea, if you don't dawdle it takes about 35-40 mins to walk from Sunset all the way to the Sat at the far end of the prom - but you definitely need a cold beer when you get there!

Ian

Offline Fafbear

Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »
Thanks Ian
Again you have put my mind at rest, of course it was me that booked it, and hubby reckoned I had booked us into the middle of nowhere, he of little faith.  35-40 mins he will defo need a cold beer - can't wait.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
Fafbear - 1 = Dolmus Station and 2 = Sunset. Hope this helps. Sorry don't know how to  make it bigger.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:58:19 AM by Highlander »

Offline DianaJ

Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:17:49 PM »
I too have apartment in Sunset just returned from there last week as Bluwise said the dolmus will take you right to the front door of complex however the walk back is fine in the Summer there are plenty of Turkish families at the beach till all hours having BBQs so plenty of light coming from them. Im also back 16th July for 2 weeks so maybe see you then

Offline luvcalis

Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 19:58:31 PM »
We stayed at Sunset last year in July and enjoyed it so much we are coming back again this year although staying at Seaside Residence which is the next apartments along nearer the prom. Walk from end of prom to Sunset takes about 5 mins.  Might want to take a torch as no street lights yet, although many locals on the beach with their cars and families till all hours.  You will enjoy. 8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 21:20:48 PM »
Well we walk all the way back to Koca Calis sometimes. Best advice I can give is maybe to take a small torch with you. You probably won't need it to see your way but it will help the odd car driver to see you walking along the road.

It really isn't that far from the promenade area.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Sunset Beach Apartments
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 21:46:33 PM »
We walk every day we are on holiday right along past the sunset complex to the far end of the beach beyond the Surf club. It's a lovely walk and the more you do it, the shorter it seems.
:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf