Author Topic: Nevada su hotel - Calis  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 18:12:45 PM »
The barometer of expat life

Offline FrankStanley

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 20:09:20 PM »
easy for you to say ! scunner:D

Offline gilroy

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 14:28:56 PM »
Anyone is welcome to have a look around. Efes is 4TL not 7TL.

Offline Christie

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 17:33:01 PM »
We went round the Nevada Sue as it was just at the back of our hotel.  The rooms are lovely as is most of the hotel and amenities although they are having trouble with flaking plaster work down in the spa.  The only problem I would have is going back to the hotel at night in the dark, as it is not very well lit there sandf god knows what is lurking around the river and undergrowth on the road leading up to the hotel.  I have no idea how much it is to stay there but the guy (assistant manager) who kindly showed us round said we could find out via expedia.   Lovely hotel but not very well situated.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 17:38:08 PM »
But just at the back of your hotel, which I assume is well situated?

Offline Christie

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 18:17:09 PM »
Our hotel was right on the promenade, which is obviously well lit and well situated.  The Nevada Su, whilst behind our hotel,  is right back over the main road, over the small bridge, and then along side the river and turning up by the surrounding villas all of which looks to be a darkness and on unmade up roads - hence my comment that it is not very well situated unless you like going back to the hotel along dark unlit roads.

Offline tonyb

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 17:37:54 PM »
Basically its on the same road as the Seastar,where we have stayed. Not particularly well lit, but not exactly pitch black at night either. About 5-6 minutes walk from the promenade.Looks very impressive, but I'd be concerned if I was the owner- plaster flaking already !!!- must have been shoddy workmanship.You don't expect that from a hotel that charges so much.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 19:42:47 PM »
I am sure I started a thread on the forum about this hotel when I returned from Calis in August.
It is situated exactly where another member said, but you dont have to get to it via that lonely stretch of road by the Pelin. Our apartment is really near to it and I always go to Nokta supermarket (old Melissa) to get bread and stuff and pass this hotel on the way, you can get to it by crossing the carriageway and cutting up one of the side streets opposite Nokta.
Personally we think it looks gorgeous really modern and the outside area looks really peaceful and relaxing they have covered shaded areas as well which would be great in August! We did enquire in August about using the pool during the day and were told it would be 20 lira per person for the day, that was without drinks or anything so did not use it as we thought it was a little steep
Did check availability for this New Year's Eve to stay there for a little treat and have a bit, of pampering, but sadly is already fully booked.

Offline hoops man

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 18:27:52 PM »
They are offering packages to get people in .meals for 2 with discounts and meals for couples with overnight stay.its plonked in a strange place amoungst all the aparts and villas and yes it s pretty dark over there.The building work looks poor....very poor....sorry to say that for a new hotel in this area.Pelin for me anyday of the week.

Offline sunlover

Nevada su hotel - Calis
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 08:22:14 AM »
We visited this hotel last week while there, and i agree it,s in a strange place basically plonked!! in the middle of villas all around.

The hotel itself it very badly made as yes there is lots af flacking paint around, we were shown around the hotel which has a lovely spa area with very very small indoor dipping pool, sauna, and steam room, a lovely haman area.

The bedroom were a good size, but bathrooms badly made with gaps in the walls from the sinks and taps.

On walking around the hotel which is like a tardus!!!  my hubby being an ex health and safety manager asked where the signs were for Fire exits as there were none anywhere :o the young girl showing us around just ignored the question and carried on talking about the hotel.

The plan is for another block of rooms to be built next year so it will be bigger ...

Really not sure if this will take off, we would not us it..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf