Author Topic: Jiva Beach Resort Hotel  (Read 56606 times)

Offline indianlight

Jiva Beach Resort Hotel
« on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »
Hi,

I've just joined to see if anyone can help? I've found this 5* Jiva Resort Hotel online but can't find much info about it. We love Turkey and really want to try Calis for our Honeymoon in June. This hotel appears to be perfect, however as it's new and I can't see actual photos of it just artist impressions i'm a bit hesitant to book.

can anyone tell me please if it looks nice? have you heard anything about it? where its situated on the seafront and any other info you think might be useful to me... Thanks x

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
I think it is going to be down behind koca calis there is a 5star being built there and i think it a Russian build thats what i was told . ;)[?]

Offline Eric

Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »
If it is this one; http://www.hotels4u.com/hotels/jiva-beach-resort.aspx
then forget it.  The build has not even started yet, apart from a boundary wall, and as they can only build during the winter months there it will not be finished by June. I would say it will be at least 2 yrs before that is finished, but nearer 5yrs.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
"The Jiva Beach Resort is in a perfect position directly on Calislar Beach about 5 km from the heart of Fethiye on the coast of Turkey."

Unbelievably misleading, the wording should be along the lines of: will be when built as opposed to is, this makes you think it's already built.

From Wikipedia: "is", the third form of the verb "to be" at present tense, in the English language.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »
And where are these beaches, Calislar Beach?

No wonder Thomas Cook is in trouble, there's more chance of it being there next summer if they built it out of snow  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
And "Situated on the shore of a wonderful lagoon" - where's that then!!!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »
The mention of the word Lagoon made me think Of Olu Deniz & wondered if something had glitched with the ad til I read the rest of the rubbish it spouts!

Shame that Indianlights 1st post has had such a negative response, must think we're a miserable bunch (no comments!), sorry Debra, but at least the honeymoon wont be spoilt!

PS: Just had a thought, the lagoon will be the ground it's on after it rains lol.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:02:54 PM by Supacabby »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
Money saving advice Mark, not negative response  ;)

Regarding your lagoon thought - you will have to interpret what the architect's comments might actually mean - they say "Natural pond existing in the site is preserved and considered as a basic design data". which could be interpreted as "built on a swamp" :D

http://www.dnamimarlik.com/eng/?sayfa=proje&proje_id=26

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 15:07:14 PM »
Debra, Calis is a great place for a holiday and a honeymoon. Don't think you have to book AI or 5 star to have a wonderful time.  There are lots of really good Hotels in Calis and you would be spoilt for choice when picking a restaurant for an evening meal.  
So even if this place is not built yet, please look at the other Hotels in Calis. For example. Look at the Delta Hotel which is right on the promenade with fabulous views of the sea plus they have a penthouse apartment at the top of the Hotel with a roof top jacuzzi. This place is very popular for honeymooners.  My son is staying there after his wedding next year.
So, hope you will give Calis a try, know you will love it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Jiva Resort Hotel
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »
You would have thought they'd have been working flat out over the winter. They really need to make a start, Thomas Cook/Hotels4u are taking bookings for holidaymakers arriving 1st June!!!

Screenshot taken TODAY:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf