Author Topic: Hotel pricing  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 00:30:07 AM »
My entire input into this topic is only to try to show how easy it might be to rip off new holiday makers in town. It is all well and good to get ripped off and say we will never go back - that is what I would say too - but this topic highlights an easy rip off. To ask the question a third way, rather than Highlander spotting the drinks list and avoiding the bar until the topic came up with the staff - what do members think his bill would have said if he had arrived at the hotel in question, unpacked then nipped down to the hotel bar for a couple of looseners with Mrs. H? 2 G&T's each at 8 a go - a bill for 32 euros or 32 lira? Or another way of putting it, around £26 or around £11? I know for absolutely sure what I think that bill would have said.

And on the subject, what is to prevent any of us going into any bar or restaurant and being charged £50 for an Efes, backed up by a drinks list we never thought to ask to see (because none of us ever do)?

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 00:43:20 AM »
Not just drinks Scunner.  I still reel from the bill for two drinks and two scabby bits of chicken wings at a beach cafe.  Not a menu in sight to let you know what the rip off is.   Wonder if there is a family link??

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Hotel pricing
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner
....for a couple of looseners with Mrs. H?

:o - what could you possible mean:D

Offline happy_flyer

Hotel pricing
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 20:20:56 PM »
Hello there all. I've read all the comments so far and i can confirm that when pointed out after the event and querying the cost it did clearly have euro sign next to the price but it obviously didnt register.
The only good thing to come out of it was that i did get a free bottle at the end of the week which had to come home with me.
Whether it was as a result of what had happened to us or not i'm not sure but after the problem the pricelists on the bar were changed to lira.
Definitley something dodgy going on there,I'm just glad they didnt get any more of our money after.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf