Author Topic: so difficult to contact Hotels in Calis  (Read 4053 times)

Offline makemwonder

so difficult to contact Hotels in Calis
« on: September 26, 2012, 20:13:35 PM »
wonder why some of the hotels in Calis beach are so difficult to contact, Ive been trying to contact Area Otel, Kerim hotel, Gunes hotel, the information on the bookmark I picked up from Area when I stayed there in July is out of date except for the phone number, which I used today only to get the man on reception who says he doesnt speak English but will get someone else (in Turkish time of course) then I get the price for single person per night B&B £32,(gulp) next the Kerim got the web page but the only contact you can make is via a booking form not via an ordinary e-mail. phone number on the brochure I was given by them in July phone number does not work, Gunes no phone number, just a booking form, as most of you will know when you see a good flight you need to act quickly or loose it and as I am an O.A.P. female traveling alone I need to know I have somewhere to stay before I travel.but nobody seems in any hurry to secure any bookings. so if anyone knows the telephone number for the Kerim or the Gunes please let me know - the one I have for Kerim is -09902526131379 but it goes to number not recognised have I got the code wrong or something ?

Pat

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: so difficult to contact Hotels in Calis
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 20:20:25 PM »
Yes it should start 0090 not 0990

And yes, most Calis hotels are dreadful at replying to booking enquiries.

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 20:48:43 PM »
thank you Scunner I will try that, it just gets so frustrating when you dont get a reply or you get a reply too late, its no wonder Hotels sit empty at peak times unless they are with a tour operator.

x Pat

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 21:09:13 PM »
Not just that - they fail to reply to emails and the phone rings all winter because they are closed, so they end up taking pennies for rooms from the likes of Travel Republic who take the lions share. They then depend entirely on hoping that the guests use the bar and restaurant so they have a chance to make any sort of profit. If they just sorted out their direct booking arrangements they could pocket the lot and share with nobody.

It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 23:25:49 PM »
yes I know we have been comming to Calis for nearly 10 years now, sometimes when I have booked through the agents they are listed with (which is the only way you can stay in some places like you say) I have actually said to the managers can I book with you direct for a fair price (meaning more than the pennies Ive just paid through your agent) and they then quote me a ridiculous price that I couldnt afford anyway, so if I wanted to stay there again I would just have to use the agent at the cheap rate, so you cant even help them ! I give up.

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 15:48:17 PM »
tried Kerim hotel again and the phone number still doesnt work so I guess its been changed. think I will just give up and stay home.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 18:38:08 PM »
could there be a CBF member out in Calis that could go in and enquire about a reseravation for you? I go out in a month's time but this is probably to late for the flight you have your eye on!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 19:10:31 PM »
I have actually said to the managers can I book with you direct for a fair price (meaning more than the pennies Ive just paid through your agent) and they then quote me a ridiculous price that I couldnt afford anyway

Yes that is another part of the problem. I too would prefer to pay direct and this does work with some (Mutlu, Oykun from my experience) and see them get 100% of my money. Sadly I also have experience of seeing a low price on a hotel booking website and suggesting I book with them direct, only to be given a rate miles higher than I can get online through a third party.

I have had this in the UK too - when we were doing exhibitions we needed another room in our London hotel for a builder who decided to travel with us at the last minute. The hotel quoted their desk rate - I told them I could get it (for that night) around £60 cheaper than the price they gave me when I was standing in their reception. Their advice was to do that then, which using their free internet connection, I did - right there at their reception desk!

The worst example of this I have found was the Pelin Hotel in Calis. I stayed for two nights a couple of years ago for a very good price via Travel Republic. When I was in reception using the wifi a British couple asked if a late checkout from their room was possible as they had a late flight. It certainly was, and the price for keeping their room after midday was more than I paid for two nights bed and breakfast.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 19:14:29 PM »
Here is the telephone number for the Oykun Hotel who are pretty good at answering the phone and the receptionists speak English.

0090 252 6133111

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 22:16:33 PM »
thanks for your replies,
Karennina, I will see if I can get someone to call in if I can get a hold of them, if I do get sorted maybe I will see you there.

Scunner, I did exactly the same at the Remer 1st time I stayed there booked through an agent I think we were paying a stupid price like £5 pp and people we met asked about our hotel without telling them what we had paid I asked the manager infront of them for a price for a room and he came back with something like £20 pp per night for double room! I mean hotel was ok-ish but not worth that much.

Marggie,I have stayed at Oykun before many times, but I dont like walking down those dark lanes to get to it when Im on my own, prefer to be somewhere well lit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf