Author Topic: My next step....renting!  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Lotty

My next step....renting!
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 13:46:54 PM »
Hi, yes very sensible to try before you buy.  In our experience we were offered a contract to either pay monthly, or to pay 12 months up front. I think the advantage of paying 12 months is that you can negotiate a lower rate. If you're unsure, go for the monthly with one month notice on both sides.

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: My next step....renting!
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 14:29:09 PM »
Just imagine if I paid 12 months rental and then had to get out after 90 days!! I would hope nobody wanted 12 months upfront anyway. Do you happen to know anything about this? :-\

I don't know I'm afraid but Lotty's advice to start with monthly renting sounds sensible.  As for trying before you buy we didn't do that but I do think it's a really good idea.  Especially if you're going to live there rather than just have it as a holiday home.  Really good luck.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 14:35:03 PM »
Just a thought, and others with more experience might shout me down, but do you really have to buy at all?  I mean, if you have a property here in UK could you not just rent that out and keep renting in Calis?  Prices in UK are as low as they're ever likely to be right now so if you sell up and move to Turkey you're pretty much burning your boats here for ever coming back.  I've thought that before about people moving away.  I suspect that's what I'd do.  It's what I did, in fact, when I moved to America for a few years and it turned out to be a great financial move for me.  None of my business of course but I just thought I'd mention it. 

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 14:43:11 PM »
Thanks Lotty and SuzzPuss. More and more I'm realising that i must be careful. I just hope that once i get there I can obtain residency or I'm out after 90 days whether I like it or not and then not in again for another 90 days. What a waste of a years rental if that were to happen! I'm really not tight but whilst I'm doing this I have to be aware that all my direct debits are still going out here in England and there's no way I'd rent my home out here. Decisions, decisions!!

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 15:55:53 PM »
are you still looking for a place and how long is long term??  :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 16:01:59 PM »
you seem to be getting confused mrs bucket lol, no one has to do a years rental, its the norm to pay a months deposit, then pay every month or 3,6 or whatever you wish, if you decide to leave or indeed the owners decide to terminate your tenancy you will be reimbursed, just make sure you go with a recommended agent. have you talked to interturk estates yet, cenk and olga as i gave you their details. entirely you choice, i just try to advice you dont do it alone. ; ps with regards to residency no problem, your rental agents will help you with that as well, hope this helps. regards Des.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 16:08:30 PM »
Amanda, long term is a year I think. That would give me the time to experience all the seasons. I want to see the good and the bad.   :)

Offline gary hambling

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 16:25:25 PM »
Hi we have a Apartment and a private Villa to rent out in Calis both new for long or short term, you are more than welcome to view at any time.
Whoever you rent from you should only pay one months rent in advance. its the safest way.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 16:34:05 PM »
Hi Gary Hambling. Could you please give me more info please? This is sounding promising!!

Offline gary hambling

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 16:45:29 PM »
Hi i will message you now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf