Author Topic: First Reported Fine for Non-Registered Rental in Calis - 20,000TL  (Read 14540 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: First Reported Fine for Non-Registered Rental in Calis - 20,000TL
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 07:30:27 AM »
We have had friends and family stay at our Apartment since July when we registered and not once have they been asked(by police) where they are staying or anyone came to Apartment to check our registered friends were who we said they were. I thought at least if you registered them then you may get a visit to check.

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 08:09:54 AM »
When we rented houses or apartments in America a copy of the licence to let the property was displayed on the wall near the front door alongside any rules or regulations applying to the property.

Offline Inspector

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 10:03:03 AM »
20 000 Lira fine is for not to register Police ID report system and enter the short term guests.
Police will send file to tax office and tax officers will fine them too (If this is a short term commercial rent)
As Scunner point out you must be sure about registration to police.
There is no licance or certificate showing registration to police yet,but you can ask screen shot of police ID report system.
On Id report system address of short term rental property can be seen.
Here is the ID report system KBS(Kimlik Bildirme sistemi) screen photo sample

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 20:48:15 PM »
That's a really good point Inspector - for owners who rent out unregistered - 20,000TL is one hell of a fine from the police but that's just round one. They will then pass all details to the Tax Office and they will fine the owners a second time for non payment of tax on rental incomes and the 20k might well be the smaller one.

Fear the police, but fear the taxman more :o

Offline Gus and Fiona

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:43 AM »
Stoop - As far as I can make out.

You can let family and friends stay without declaring them IF you are staying in the property with them only....

If you are not living in the property, then I believe you need to declare them.

We have just bought property and wanted friends and family to have the use of the villa too (without us there) but it won't be able to happen with the new regulations.

I read the 2nd link re the estate agent but I don't think any estate agent would promote when trying to sell a house that friends and family will need to be declared daily if you are not staying in the property.  It would not be good for sales!

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »
is it possible to have someone (family or friends who stay at your place on a regular basis) added to your tapu but have their share of the building set out as a very small precentage say 0.5%. In that way (I'm surmising) they can stay at your place without the owner (99.5%) being in situ because they are named on the tapu? In the event of a future sale they would just get a few hundred pounds.

Too simple?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
Far too simple SteveJ.

To have someone added to a TAPU I think you'd have to go through the sale process and pay the relevant fees and taxes, and where appropriate, Capital Gains Tax.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
but if I "sold" 0.5% of my apartment to my step daughter and I loaned her the funds to purchase a little corner of the building then she could presumably be added to the tapu and then simply pay me back the loan. With such a small outlay I don't think CG tax would come in to it.

I realise that words like "simply" and "think" are risky in this cotext which is why I'm throwing the idea out there expecting it to be shot down in flames.  ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 18:20:41 PM »
but if I "sold" 0.5% of my apartment to my step daughter and I loaned her the funds to purchase a little corner of the building then she could presumably be added to the tapu and then simply pay me back the loan. With such a small outlay I don't think CG tax would come in to it.

I realise that words like "simply" and "think" are risky in this cotext which is why I'm throwing the idea out there expecting it to be shot down in flames.  ;D

Not sure "selling" such a tiny amount would be practical. Pretty costly I would expect.

Offline Phil

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
I can add some background to the 20 000TL fine – but for obvious reasons I won’t be identifying the owner of the property concerned.

The fine was actually for two offences.

In the middle of the year a paying guest contacted the Police to report an alleged burglary and get his crime number for insurance purposes. At the same visit the Police informed the guests that it was an illegal rent and placed the onus on the guest to let the owner know they had been rumbled.

For whatever reason, it seems the (not British) guests did not let the owners know.

A second offence came to light later in the year either possibly the result of a noise nuisance complaint or simply the Police chasing up the first offence. This time the guests did let the owners know.

The owners were in the property later in the year and on the first day after Bayram ended received a visit from the Police with the good news.

After taking some advice from Solicitors etc. the owners decided the only choice they had was to pay the fines and take advantage of the 25% discount ( ! ) offered for early payment.

The fact that the second guests were told they would have been evicted if they had been discovered earlier in their holiday appears to be true.

The Police do not appear to be walking around with clipboards checking every single property – that would be an impossible task. They are simply waiting for the phone to ring about other matters and then taking the opportunity to check the property ( and others close by ).

Two unsubstantiated stories are that there is a web site where people can report possible illegal properties and that the Maliye have been seen walking round with pictures of properties being advertised on the Internet.

If anyone has any doubt as to whether they can continue to ignore the new law they do so at their own peril.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf