Author Topic: Ottoman Cuisine, Lewes Road, Brighton  (Read 5314 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Ottoman Cuisine, Lewes Road, Brighton
« on: July 05, 2011, 22:48:20 PM »
Just spent a very pleasant evening in this relatively new restaurant here in Brighton.

Oven baked bread with butter, olives & cheese supplied with the 2  ordered EFES which were ice cold.

Starter: Mixed Meze (cold) - Houmous, Garlic Aubergines, Tsatziki, more fresh bread.

Mains: 1 Lamb & 1 Chicken Guvec.

Pudding: No room!

Food was excellent, especially the Lamb Guvec & very good portions. Served with rice, yoghurt & even more fresh bread.

Service was a bit so so as they were packed, mainly due to offering a student deal of £7.95 to eat a main course & a beer, pays as they were full up on a Tuesday night at 7pm!

Overall 7/10, I'd go back again, next time I'd make it a bit earlier to beat the rush!

Cost: £32 for 2.

Offline Mr Pickles

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:18:42 AM »
Thanks for the review Mark - I'll give this a try :P

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »
I might give that one a go when the bulk of students have dissapeared from town in the next week or so.

I went to an excellent Turkish restaurant yesterday on the Kilburn High Road, Crystal I think it was called.  Just like being in a good Lokantasi in Turkey itself.  Food was excellent - meatballs and potatoe stew - with flat bread, lovely salad, and a generous plate of hummus .. no Efes .. but for £5.50 I thought I was back in Turkey again.  I'm scoring it 9/10, I'd have given it 10/10 if Efes had been available :)

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:22:25 AM »
Where abouts is this place, we tried Pomegranite (not sure on spelling) in Brighton it was very small, the food wasnt that Turkish although very lovely but very expensive, can you let me have directions from the A23 (coming from East Grinstead).  Thanks Janice

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Janice1971

Where abouts is this place, we tried Pomegranite (not sure on spelling) in Brighton it was very small, the food wasnt that Turkish although very lovely but very expensive, can you let me have directions from the A23 (coming from East Grinstead).  Thanks Janice

Don't leave it too late in the day to go down to Brighton, because you know that East Grinstead closes at 10pm and the curfew is rigidly applied, and they will not let you back in until the next morning, lest you disturb one of the blue rinse residents ;)

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!! So where abouts is this lovely place and we may try and get past the border patrol and escape this boring place!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 17:25:57 PM »
It's at 35, Lewes Rd, Brighton , BN2 3HQ Tel: 01273 605314, hope that's enough info to find it via a sat nav or Google maps, free on street parking in any of the surrounding side streets.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 20:19:43 PM »
Went for a meal there on fathers day, very nice too, will go back again for sure 8) 8)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 20:31:44 PM »
Went again last week, still way too busy for their own good, the trick is to make sure you are there by 6.30pm or as someoene else said, wait til the students are on holiday, it wil be quieter then. Am giving it another try this Tuesday, will make sure I'm well & truly early & report back as to how the service seems then.

Offline tony jenkins

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 21:14:27 PM »
You are 'living the dream' Supa.

Dont bother going back to Calis in September  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf