Author Topic: Overheard in Hisaronu  (Read 8891 times)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Overheard in Hisaronu
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
Overheard in Kayakoya "What a mess, wouldn't you think the council would do something?"

Offline tonyb

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 18:13:39 PM »
Angela, you've dug the hole, I'll happy jump into it with both feet. I just wince with embarassment when I see the behaviour & attitude of some of our (unfortunately fellow) countrymen. They don't really want to be in Turkey, they want to be in Magalluf, but because of the Euro, the booze is too expensive, so they dump themselves in H because if they close their eyes at night on the main drag, that's exactly where they are !!! Unfortunately the average tourist is expected to tolerate their boorish behaviour &  some of the bar owners don't help either. Won't be long before it get the sames reputation as Faliraki has been trying to shake off for years now.  You (H) reap what you sow !! I suspect this will not be my final word on the subject.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 18:34:00 PM »
They don't really want to be in Turkey, they want to be in Magalluf, but because of the Euro, the booze is too expensive
Are you sure?

As a regular visitor to Spain I can assure you that the price of alcohol is far less than Turkey, especially for wine and spirits.  Even in Madrid (capital city syndrome) I can still drink cheaper than in Turkey.   Mind you, if all you want to do is swill Efes at 5tl a bottle I'm sure it'd work out cheaper in Turkey...

JF

Offline tonyb

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 19:17:18 PM »
I stand by my last post.  The comparison was not just the price of booze, but the type of tourist. Not every tourist drinks just Efes in (H) anymore than Rioja in Magalluf and while I take your point about the price, I think H and Magalluf are pretty much on par, given the amount of competition for business.Your point about the cost of wines & spirits. Turkey, a muslim country outside of the EU, unlike Spain, has to import nearly all it's branded spirits and does not have a worldwide market for it's wine, hence the cost . None of this however, excuses the behaviour & ignorance of a minority getting a resort a poor reputation & embarassing the majority.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 19:17:56 PM »
There is of course another side to some of these boorish observations, the Turkish businesses are only too happy to take the money off these holidaymakers.  So if the Turks do not have a problem, in their own country, why should you?  Yes they may be making ill informed or even ignorant comments, but come on is that really a reason for denigrating them, and Hissy?  I think not.  They are probably very nice people, and I suspect people who return home a little wiser about Turkey, it's customs and life... They may even get a new perspective on some of their sniffy fellow Brits.    ;)

Offline tonyb

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 19:54:27 PM »
An outstanding act of diplomacy there Usebustickets. If only you were right, but I somehow doubt it. It's not sniffy or snobbish to expect people to respect other tourists, or Turks for that matter. You're right though. They don't need me to denigrate them or the resort. They are both doing a pretty good job themselves.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 21:10:08 PM »
Turkey, a muslim country outside of the EU, unlike Spain, has to import nearly all it's branded spirits and does not have a worldwide market for it's wine, hence the cost .
That's funny, because Spain has to import its non domestic branded spirits also, and the lack of an export market isn't what's pushed the price of wine up - its the same factor that's made all alcohol expensive in Turkey and that is the recent tax hikes, both sales and import.

I like Hisaronu.  I've only ever passed through it and would not consider spending any time there - but I still like it.  Answers on the back of an Efes label as to why.

JF

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 22:15:00 PM »
Read recently in `First Choice Holidays` brochure.....  very small article relating to Hisaronu ( not really recognised as as a major resort in Turkey hence the small coverage,)     it simply reads..... "  If you want karaoke, drag acts, and foam parties Hisaronu is the place to stay, just walk down the main street there at night  and follow the noise "    sadly  that  description is spot on       :(    at least being back in the UK  for july and august ( back to H at the end of august )  we dont see the worst of it thankfully.  Much better there early and late in the season , and even better in March / April .

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 22:17:01 PM »
I suspect this will not be my final word on the subject.
Unfortunately it wasn't......

Offline villabadem

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »
Eight brits round the table for dinner last, eight i pods on the go...oblivious to the waiters trying to take their order..then it was eight pizzas..oh the authenticity of the place

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf