Author Topic: A cautionery tale  (Read 1984 times)

Offline peecee

A cautionery tale
« on: October 30, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Cautionery - is it an 'a' or 'e'?. Braindead!

Was speaking to a chap, a couple of weeks ago, who lives not too far from Fethiye.

Recently his dog had been poisoned, a pitiful, extremely painful way for an animal to die and a disgusting way to kill an animal.  Perhaps a shotgun cartridge would have been kinder[?]

The chap was so upset (at the time and still is) that this had happened to his friendly, tail-wagging friend that he decided to put a comment on Facebook.  Obviously, his comments on Facebook were rather unpleasant, saying what he would 'like' to do to the person involved:D.

So.... a few days later he got a visit from the local Jandarma 'suggesting', rather strongly, that he removed his comments:(.

Moral of the story, be careful what you put in writing on an 'open forum'.  They are watching very closely[:(!]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:54:45 PM by peecee »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
A cautionery tale
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 18:18:28 PM »
It's 'a'

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
A cautionery tale
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 21:07:16 PM »
he seems to be implying that the authorities are watching, could it be possible (and more likely) that "friends" on facebook reported his comments? the gossip network out there is one which means that one "friend" only need to discuss the comment over a cheap EFES and before you know it.......

Offline peecee

A cautionery tale
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 13:55:57 PM »
Could be GB but I personally think it was the words that he used in his comments that were flagged up.  As we all know big brothers' worldwide are watching us and certain words that are used will bring someone to their attention.
Look at that 17 year old lad (in the UK) who was recently arrested for making unwise comments about the US president and then was banned for life from visitng the States.
Don't think freedom of speech exists anywhere anymore:-\

Thanks KKOB, couldn't find the dictionery
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 13:56:54 PM by peecee »

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
A cautionery tale
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 15:14:49 PM »
The report I read about this incident said it was a personal e mail to the President,very abusive and the person responsible for sending the message could not remember much about it as he was 'drunk and high'.
Is the response of the Americans really an abuse of the right of this person to free speech?
Sometime ago we had a report of a young British male urinating on a statue of Ataturk. I think he was banned from returning to Turkey.
People who behave in this manner surely do not deserve any sympathy far less their 'right' to behave offensively defended.

Offline BM06

A cautionery tale
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 15:26:06 PM »
John, Could you post the link to where you read it,should be interesting.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
A cautionery tale
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 15:44:58 PM »
I assume you mean the latest incident.
The one involving the statue was some time ago and was commented on in CBF.
One of the links was www.abc.net.aw/news/stories/2010/09/14/3011137/htm
If you search with  17 year old insults US President  this will throw up others.

Offline BM06

A cautionery tale
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 16:08:34 PM »
Thanks John  ;):D

Offline peecee

A cautionery tale
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 04:40:29 AM »
Was trying to find the link, this ia what came up.  Obviously a few Americans (who aren't fans of Obama) didn't agree with the FBI's actions.
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/uk-teenager-banned-from-us-for-calling-obama-a-prick

And did he actually read the email?

Urinating on the statue IS offensive, calling someone a name (haven't we all done it?) and having the heavy mob land on your doorstop, extreme.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:45:30 AM by peecee »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf