Author Topic: new member  (Read 2031 times)

Offline sue@henry

« on: January 31, 2004, 00:04:03 AM »
hi

Typing this for the third time - think I might have cracked it this time - not as clever on the computer as some of you out there - If this works Scunner, please ignore e-mail.

Have just come across your site.  What a find? A whole gang of fellow spirits.

We went to Hisanarou in August on holiday - first time in area - but seventh time in Turkey.

Like all of you with souls out there - fell in love with the place and bought a villa in Calis through Falcon Estates. We came out at the end of October to finalise sale and to furnish the villa all in a space of a week. And we did it, thanks to the wonderful Turkish shopkeepers. Where in England could you complete on a house, have a toilet converted have your furniture made and delivered, White good delivered and installed and soft furnishings made all in the space of
a week.

Still have to work for a living I'm afraid so at the moment it is our holiday home but hopefully one day our retirement home.

We are flying to Antalya on the 17th February  for a week - yes we've read your horror stories - and all being well should get to the bus station in Antayla at about 4 p.m.  Could some kind person out there tell us if
there is likely to be a bus running at this time from Antalya to Fethiye or will we have to wait till the next day. Any information on timetables would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to chatting to you all

Sue & Henry

Offline teresa321

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 06:54:04 AM »
Hello Sue and Henry

Welcome and congratulations on your new villa. If you have any good furnishing information please share it with us in the Good Shops Guide. I, and others, are furnishing and equipping this year.

I did not catch the bus from Antalya, although I had originally intended to and hope to at some point.  If you find the story written by Linda and Carl on their buying trip they do give some information and they are the only people I am currently aware of who have recently undertaken the trip.

Teresa

Offline Patty

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 08:40:23 AM »
Hello to you both and congratulations on your purchase.
Lucky things going back out. Like yourselves we are still having to work to pay for it at present but hopefully one day we can live/stay there more often.
Will you be there in May for the get together?
Where in Calis have you bought. We are at Aka Mah near the new hosptial

Regards

Patty

Offline Carpete

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 17:58:55 PM »
Hi Sue and Henry, we're new to all of this as well. We travelled over in early January to Antalya and stayed in Antalya at Tuvana Hotel there for about £35 Dinner, bed and breakfast for 2 AND they collected us FREE from the airport! OK hotel but ask to stay in the central house hotel if you go this route. Scunner kindly arranged for Atilla of Orange Cars to collect us and return us to Antalya by car at a very competative rate which was good especially in view of the snowy conditions. (Atilla drove brilliantly, despite the name!). Hope this is off help. We're buying on Cicek near Tel and Harley (and Woody?).  Congrats on your purchase, best wishes. Carol and Pete.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 05:43:40 AM »
Hi Sue & Henry
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the web. Isn't Calis wonderful!
We caught the bus from Antalya in December. We landed late so missed the one at 4.30pm but caught one at 7pm. - This is the city dolmus - not the one that takes forever & goes around the coast. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and at just 8 Million TL each it was a real bargain.
Not sure whether the mountain road will be open - maybe someone will be able to let you know (Heidi-Xanadu was flying into there yesterday so she might be able to further update you). Apparently there are a few different operators running buses between Antalya & Fethiye so hopefully you won't have too long a wait.
Please share on your purchases as we have another house to furnish in May.
Linda & Carl

Offline Doug and Lynne

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 22:36:45 PM »
Hi Sue and Henry,
We have an appointment with Falcon estates, we take it that things went smoothly and that you would recommend them.
Doug and Lynne

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:19:52 AM »
Hello Sue and Henry. We are also very new to this site and will soon be owners in Calis. We have never been anywhere that has made such an impression on us and from our limited experience we are sure that you and we have done the right thing!. There are so many really nice people who will give the proper advice. Best Wishes Pete and Sue

Offline laurence

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 18:15:48 PM »
Hi everybody,we are due back to chalis 3rd august on our 4th visit,missed last year went to Kalkan.I see the new road is finished,is it very busy,we are at the rebin beach.any new bars opened and where can we meet you guys.regards Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf