Author Topic: new member.  (Read 3612 times)

Offline tradesite

new member.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 22:25:21 PM »
Hi Jo,
      Sorry it took me so long to reply, I live right on the edge of the Bromford and very close to the Bromford pub. I have been here for 22 years. I maybe know your friends.

Cheers.

Nigel.

Offline Jo Tomkinson

new member.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2004, 23:11:13 PM »
Hi Nigel

They are Robert and Marie Hastings - live in Asholme Close just off Bromford Road.  They drink in the Bromford.  Robert has lived round there fore over nearly 50 years.  We shall be over that way in a couple of weeks visiting them.

Jo

Offline tradesite

new member.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 10:00:54 AM »
Hi Jo,
      Is Marie a little irish woman who has a sister called ann, who also lives in asholme close.

Regards.

Nigel.

Offline Jo Tomkinson

new member.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 23:21:16 PM »
Hi NIgel, yes Marie is a little Irish woman with blonde hair.  I'm sure she does have a sister called Ann, but I don't think she lives in Asholme Close.  Do you think you know her then?

Jo

Offline tradesite

new member.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 10:14:16 AM »
Hi jo,
       Did Rob`s mother live over the road in Bromford road and have they two sons, the older one called Carl and i cannot remember the other lads name. If they are the same people I do know them, but I know Marie`s sister and brother in law better ( ann and jackie). If they are the same couple Rob knows my brother quite well.

Regards.

Nigel.

Offline Jo Tomkinson

new member.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 18:49:01 PM »
Hi Nigel

Small world isn't it?  Yes, Robert's Mum, Vera, lived in Bromford Road.  Garry is their younger son.  I have met Ann and Jackie many, many years ago.  What is your brother's name and I'll mention it when we go over.  As stated by Hazel, the number of people buying in Calis I'm sure you'd find work.

Jo

Offline tradesite

new member.
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 20:20:14 PM »
Hi jo,
      Rob and Marie know me quite well ,if you mention me they will know who i am. My brothers name is David. I think he worked with Rob some years ago.
I am intending to book a villa in Calis sometime this year, and might look to buying a property around the Calis, Fethiye area.
Do you own a property in Calis or do you just holiday there?
Talking of where you live, have you ever visited a restaurant in Tamworth, just around the corner from the castle, called the Lady Meadow. It is owned by my cousin.

Cheers.

Nigel.

Offline Jo Tomkinson

new member.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 21:29:58 PM »
Hi Nigel

I haven't been in the Lady Meadow but have my hair done at the hairdressers next door. I work in Tamworth. Yes, we do own property - bought last July with friends and have one in Calis and one in Uzumlu.  Have a look at my profile and you will be able to see them.

Jo

Offline Jo Tomkinson

new member.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 22:44:16 PM »
How are you getting on learning Turkish and are you going to night school?  It seems pretty daunting to me.  When did you start to learn?

Jo

Offline tradesite

new member.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 22:07:32 PM »
Hi Jo
      The Turkish is fine, I could probably make myself understood in some situations, but I don`t think I could understand a full blown conversation between two Turks.
I started to learn last year after we came off holiday. I initialy purchased a Linguaphone course which I am about 80% through ( Iwould reccomend this to any one who goes to Turkey regular, it only about £25 for the course). I go to the Brasshouse centre once a week on a Tuesday evening for 2 hours. Our teacher is a nice Turkish lady called "Munire"  who used to be an English teacher in Izmir. She is married to an Englishman and they have a young son the same age as my Grandson. There are 12 of us in the class and 8 of them are married to Turks.
I am hoping to get some practice in when we go over this year ( that should be fun ).

Cheers.

Nigel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf