Author Topic: New members  (Read 2751 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
New members
« on: March 06, 2004, 21:49:37 PM »
Hi,

Greetings to all you Turkeyphiles
We are tribalelder a.k.a Brian and my significant other Ann. We are fom North Devon but not Devonians.
We have after several years of holidaying in the area bought our place in the sun. We did this last October and have at last got the deeds to the property which is in Sokakat 3 in Fethiye close to Migros and the Coach Station on the edge of town.
We are now waiting for the balconies on the top floor of the duplex to be opened up.
We bought through Philip Clark Properties in Fethiye who have been excellent throughout, taking us through the buying process relatively painlessly and getting us on the way with furniture,white goods and curtains etc.
We will be out in the last two weeks of May to continue setting up and probably again in October.  Then we will move out permenently next spring or maybe e.i.p
Can anyone give us a ball park figure as to the cost of living for a couple per week as a resident as opposed to splashing out on holiday?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
New members
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 21:58:21 PM »
Hi Brian & Ann
Welcome to the site.
To sort of give you an answer to your question, it depends on what kind of lifestyle you want, you could live on anything from £100 to £1,000 a week.
We are moving out as soon as our house sale here has completed, so i`ll give you a straight answer in about 6 months time

Dave

Offline Blether

• Honourary Old Timer
New members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 21:59:58 PM »
when we are destitute   lol

Pearl

Offline nelliedeen

New members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 09:04:07 AM »
Hi Brian and Ann, congratulations on your purchase, what a pity yo are not in Turkey for the 2nd and 3rd weeks in May, as most of us are out there partying, nevermind if you are moving out to live, I am sure there will be plenty of time for meeting up.  I see you are having your top floor balconies opened up.  Forgive me for asking but what sort of price are we looking at for this job.  We have a house in Akarca Mah and hopefully in the future are wanting to have this done.  Any help at all would be gratefully accepted.
Cheers
Helen

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
New members
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 09:51:18 AM »
Hi Brian & Ann I see you bought your properties through my friends Ferrari and Akin I am sure they can give you a very good price for the work you need doing, they have done most of the work to my Villa and no problems

Ron

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
New members
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 15:24:23 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for replies to our recent intro.
In response to Ron, yes it will be Ferrari and Akin who will be dealing with the balconies for us. Akin has wetnursed us through evrything and has been brilliant.
For Helen the balconies are in fact already there but at the moment are hidden under the existing roof line so all we need is to remove part of the roof area and to install railings to match those on the lower floor. We have been quoted about £500 for this work. Hope this is of some use.
We would still like some more respone to our query re cost of living.

Looking forward to meeting with some of you soon

Offline nelliedeen

New members
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 06:28:59 AM »
Hi Brian, thanks for that info, it sounds as if our attick space is the same as yours, it is already tiled throughout, and just needs the roof lifting in parts, so that price is really helpful.
Helen

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
New members
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 22:12:50 PM »
Helen,
what did I tell you about opening up your balconies?  

Gordon

Offline wallace

New members
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 22:19:24 PM »
:D:Dwhat a brill photo:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Where was it taken[?]

or was it v cleverly altered[?]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 22:21:03 PM by wallace »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
New members
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 22:40:03 PM »
It's definitely been doctored. The speed limit past Violet Apartments is 50 not 40

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf