Author Topic: Kind of New Member  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Lynn

Kind of New Member
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:44:04 AM »
Hi there, my name is Lynn.  I registered ages ago, but have been trying to remember my password for ages to be able to introduce myself, eventually remembered it.  Must be all that Turkish brandy I drink!!! :D

I have been going to Calis for over 9 years now, have a Turkish partner and we have a little girl called Amelia.  I have lots of good friends and family over there and know most of the people mentioned in the Forum.

We will be back over there in June and also later on in the year.  Will probably bump into a few of you in Anna's and the usual bars.

Bye for now and keep drinking the Efes  :)

Lynn

Offline JulieDiane

Kind of New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 13:42:33 PM »
Someone else with a memory like mine, great!! I think[^]

Anne as youve such experience with Calis you may be able to help with ideas of places to visit, day and night. I have three girls, 9, 13, 14. One hubby - couldn't cope with any more:D

We've only been to Fethyie once last year, were staying in Calis this year and really looking forward to it

Hope to here from you soon

Luv Jules

Offline cadera

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 14:15:43 PM »
Hi Lynn

Glad u found your password,we can tell a few storys can't We and we can down a few efes,I am sure we can tell a few storys  of a couple of places to go and to avoid as i have been going there 5 years and was a rep there.

Glad u mad it on the forum,hope u have'nt been downing them bradys
again

see u in a couple weeks,get the beers in girl

Take care
Melxx

Offline Lynn

Kind of New Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 14:51:07 PM »
Hi there Jules, where are you staying in Calis?

If you like beaches there a nice one in Ketranci (I think that's how it's spelt, but don't forget the c is pronounced as j).  It's not that far from Fethiye.  You can get a dolmus to it, you can't get lost as it's the last dolmus stop.  It is also a camp site set in a pine forest, so plenty of shade for the kids and there's wooden benches and chairs so you could take a picnic.  There's usually quite a few of us so we get a minibus and take our bbq with us along with loads of liquid refreshments :D.  There's also a little cafe there that sells snacks, drinks and ice creams.  At the far end of the beach there's showers and toilets.

The kids'll probably love Anna's bar day or night as it has pool tables and the music is great, everyone dances the night away.  If you go at the weekend, get there early as all the seats go quickly.

There's a waterpark in Calis as well which the kids might like.  As I don't know where you're staying it's difficult to give you directions to that, but if you email me direct, I can give you loads more info rather than filling up the forum.  I'll stay off the brandy so I can recollect it all  :-\

When are you going over then?

Lynn

Offline Lynn

Kind of New Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 14:58:11 PM »
Might have known you'd find me Melitta!!!  Only kiddin' mate.

Yes we could tell a few stories, usually blurred ones from when we're laggin', eating salty apples :D :o and doing a spot of DIY!!!

I have been weakening the brandy down with coke and having an Efes in between.

I will defo get the beers ready for you for when you arrive, counting down the weeks, Calis Beach here we come: :)

Lynn

Offline JulieDiane

Kind of New Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 15:27:50 PM »
Thanks for the info Lynn, have to check where were staying[^] that memory of mine!! and i'll e mail direct to you. The liquid refreshment sounds good!!

Jules X  :)

Offline Patty

• Poster
Kind of New Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 09:22:17 AM »
We went to Katranchi beach and it's really beautiful, we laid on the sun beds and dipped our toes in the water.
We also had a snack at the bar which was quite reasonable.
Regarding the dolmus as they say the last stop is the beach and it's a matter of 10 steps onto the beach, can't get lost!!

Patty

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf