Author Topic: Hello Calis!!  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Jo

Hello Calis!!
« on: June 03, 2004, 09:28:51 AM »
Hi, my name is Joan and although I am from Liverpool I now live in Essex.  I have been going to Calis, sometimes twice a year,  for the past 10 years with my cousin Sandra and we look on it as our second home.  We are going to the Oykun on 7 June and my daughter Lauren is also coming with us.  

We have lots of friends in Calis and are looking forward especially to seeing Fathi (Marc) and everyone at the Meeting Point.  Murat and Arif at the Scarlet Bar.  Savas, Billy, Tracey, in fact everyone!!!  Hope to see you all next week.

I have only recently found this site and love it.  Thank you for bringing a little bit of sun to cloudy UK. :)

Offline Tonya

Hello Calis!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 09:39:47 AM »
Hi Joan, glad you enjoy the site. We are newcomers to Calis and we love it too.

Look forward to chatting to you on the site.

Tonya

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
Hello Calis!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 10:02:30 AM »
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum.

Marc has different staff at Meeting Point this year.  Serda and Sinasi aren't there anymore, its just Marc, Baris, Eko and Mus (new waiter).  He does have a great new chef though! The place has changed since last year, my poor boy has been working his socks off to get it all finished for the start of the season!  

Have fun!

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Hello Calis!!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 10:36:54 AM »
What other changes have there been?  Will experience it for ourselves in a few weeks.  Hope the new chef can do Lemon Chicken, as this was excellent there last year!  Where did Sinasi end up then?

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
Hello Calis!!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 12:56:20 PM »
Hi Colin,  I think Sinasi has gone to the Orient or the restaurant next door can't exactly remember.
Well the changes are that the kitchen is now at the back of the restaurant, the bar has been moved across to allow for more tables inside, and the staircase up to Dreams is different now as well...you'll see when you get over there.
He has a new menu, but there are still a lot of things on there from last year, and even if the lemon chicken isn't on this years you can still order it.  My friend Shena wanted something from last years menu that wasn't on this years and the chef still made it for her.  

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Hello Calis!!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 13:18:20 PM »
Thanks Susie.  I'll let you know how we get on, 360 hours and counting!  I'm glad we weren't flying from Gatwick this morning, it sounded like chaos.

Offline Jo

Hello Calis!!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 14:07:21 PM »
Hi Susie-q,
Sorry to hear Sinasi isn't at the Meeting Point this year but still look forward to seeing the others, especially Marc and his sarcastic comments (we love them).  I am sure we will see Sinasi in the Orient or wherever he is.
quote:
Originally posted by susie-q

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum.

Marc has different staff at Meeting Point this year.  Serda and Sinasi aren't there anymore, its just Marc, Baris, Eko and Mus (new waiter).  He does have a great new chef though! The place has changed since last year, my poor boy has been working his socks off to get it all finished for the start of the season!  

Have fun!

Offline kpj

Hello Calis!!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 14:11:34 PM »
Hiya Joan
welcome to the site
have lots of fun on here and maybe me and Keith will see you when you get over here again

Offline xanadu

Hello Calis!!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 14:14:11 PM »
Woops sorry joan
that message above was from Me not KPJ but he was on my computer adn hadnt logged out
so welcome again
Heidi

Offline sandgrounder

Hello Calis!!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 14:38:39 PM »
Hi Joan
Glad you found the site:D
You will catch Sinasi in the bar next door to the orient. Sorry i cant recall what the name is but he definatly works there. As for marc yes you will still get the sarcastic remarks, Me and my missus got a barrage of them a few weeks ago lol
Russ & Jan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf