Author Topic: turkey or spain?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline patsy

« on: June 08, 2004, 21:24:40 PM »
hello every one my self and freddie my husband need to make a decision about moving to spain or turkey can any of you give us any reasons to choose turkey over spain? we would be greatful for your comments regards patsy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 12:41:34 PM by patsy »

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
turkey or spain?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 21:53:59 PM »
Hi Patsy, having just returned from Calis this morning, I must say Turkey. The people, history, culture, scenery etc. etc. perfect!!
CMC

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
turkey or spain?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 22:01:10 PM »
Patsy

For starters. Turkey over Spain for the following reasons.

• People friendlier
  • cost of living cheaper
  • weather better  

Have a read through some of the earlier posts where members tell of their experiences particularly with regard to the helpfulness and generosity of the Turkish people.

Happy hunting

Gordon

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
turkey or spain?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 22:26:01 PM »
Houses cheaper
More chance of large gains when/if they go into EC.
Better, simpler way of life.
People who want you there not just tolerate you.
Wonderful organic food, cheaper than chips
Wonderful historic remains
Wonderful friendly people
Spain - UGH! compared to Turkey.
Spain 1 Turkey 10+ out of 10.

Lots more reasons but packing to go there tomorrow
Linda

Offline farmer

turkey or spain?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 22:52:50 PM »
Hi Patsy
I first went to Spain (By Train/Boat Train/Train via London /Paris Perpignan /Tarragonna in 1952!
Wonderful place, wonderful people, food, climate etc. Marvelous!
Unforunately, as a very young schoolboy I couln't afford to up sticks and move there. I went every alternate year until fairly recently, and have watched it go right down the pan.
Some years ago I discovered Turkey. It has all the good things Spain used to have, plus and plus.
I am selling up in the UK and moving to live permanently in Turkey
as soon as humanly possible.
Just check the threads in this site.
The MOST welcoming feature of Turkey is its people. They are the most genuine and friendly people in the world, the most open and reliable I have ever known.
Go for it...Go for Turkey...
regards
farmer

Offline kenbowns

turkey or spain?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 23:04:57 PM »
Patsy, with respect to all the lovely people who are members here--if you ask an opinion from a Turkish based site then you could predict the answer, likewise a Spanish based site, we have a place in Spain and I could give many a good reason for basing there, on the other hand just visited Calis for the first time--excellent, friendly people--particularly the ones we met from this site, good food, and very very picturesque--more so than Spain--but what do you need?? if you want a total departure from the British way of life--then maybe Turkey, if its something in between with more of the infrastructure that you are accustomed to, then maybe it's Spain. This site will tell you Turkey--a Spanish site will say Spain, ask yourselves what it is that you most need. Ken.

Offline Jo Tomkinson

turkey or spain?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 23:48:57 PM »
Hi Patsy,

Like Ken said this site will tell you Turkey, a Spanish site will tell you Spain.  We have two properties in Spain and two in Turkey and I would be hard pushed at this moment in time to say where I would want to live permanently.  My ideal would 4 months in each country including England.  You would get a better property in Turkey as property is now quite expensive in Spain.  However, the weather in Spain in the winter is much better.  We have always been made very welcome in Spain and have made some wonderful friends over there.  All countries have their problems and I suppose its what you make of it yourself that counts.  Just go with your gut feeling and I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Jo

Offline teresa321

turkey or spain?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 05:57:39 AM »
I have never been to Spain but I agree with the last two. One thing Spain does have is all year round cheap flights and it is in the EU. Because Turkey does not have these things it is cheaper when you want property. If you want gloss and polish then I think Spain is probably the best place, and if you are very undecided and have experience of Spain then that may be your better choice.

I love Turkey, and after I had been once I never found the need to go anywhere else, but part of the Turkish charm is the fact that some of it is basic and undeveloped. Others may regard this as a disadvantage.

Teresa
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:59:20 AM by teresa321 »

Offline The Robbos

• Birmingham, UK
turkey or spain?
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 06:31:06 AM »
Hi Patsy
Just one question where's Spain

Offline Harley

turkey or spain?
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 06:39:12 AM »
Hi Patsy...

I agree with Ken & Jo...  There are pros and cons in moving to any foreign  country: At the end of the day you're the only person that can make the decision.  You need to think long and hard about what you expect to achieve out of life.  Silly question really, but have you been to both countries before:? If not I suggest you take some time out and go over there yourself:  Only then you'll be able to make your final decision:
I'm very much pro Turkey: I love the place:  The people are fantastic, the food is delicious and it's very cheap:

Hope this has helped....  Good luck....:D:D:D

Harley

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf