Author Topic: New member Karen  (Read 1516 times)

Offline karen crouch

New member Karen
« on: June 20, 2004, 10:05:53 AM »
After much searching i have finally worked out how to post an introduction! Just returned from Calis last week and reading all the discusssion has made me want to get on a plane and come straight back. this web site is great, thanks. i have been coming to Calis for 3 years now although my partner Les has been coming for even longer. We usually stay at caretta apartments just past the Aqua park. lovely place and we are firm friends with the owners John and Mary now.
like many of you i am now getting my own place. It is being built a the moment so should be ready by next summer. We are over in Calis again in September and will probably make at least one trip during the winter to furnish property etc.
Will be using as a holiday home initially but i would like to move permenantly. Has anyone any information about schools nearby? also i am very interested in finding work either Teaching English (which i also do in the UK) or consultancy work. i am a workforce development manager for the NHS and have experience of change management and training and education. any one know of any companies needing this sort of advice?  Not sure if they have this type of thing in turkey
Look forward to using the forum. will have to go now i have been stuck to the computer for the last 2 hours!
Best wishes karen

Offline Hazel

New member Karen
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 10:25:28 AM »
Welcome Karen is you use the search facility and type in school it will bring up any threads about schools.  Good luck, if you are from the North we are having a get together in Haworth on Sunday 18th July you would be very welcome to join us.

Hazel

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
New member Karen
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 10:33:39 AM »
Hazel, where is North ? 8) 8)

Anything above the Watford Gap ?  :) :)

LOL

Ron
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 10:34:07 AM by legless »

Offline Sue

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 10:35:20 AM »
Hi Karen,
Welcome to the forum. I bet you can't wait till September to go back again!!
Sue

Offline Hazel

New member Karen
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 18:13:18 PM »
Ron
Anything above Leicester I class as North.

Hazel

Offline karen crouch

New member Karen
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 18:25:32 PM »
Originally posted by Hazel

Welcome Karen is you use the search facility and type in school it will bring up any threads about schools.  Good luck, if you are from the North we are having a get together in Haworth on Sunday 18th July you would be very welcome to join us.

Hazel

hazel,
thanks i am getting the hang of the discussion board now. i live in North east Derbyshire on the outskirts of sheffield not sure how far away Haworth is/ thanks for the invite anyway
Regards, Karen

Offline karen crouch

New member Karen
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 18:28:03 PM »
Originally posted by Sue

Hi Karen,
Welcome to the forum. I bet you can't wait till September to go back again!!
Sue

you are quite right. in fact looking at all the cheap deals people are talking about i may be tempted to go sooner. the weather is awful in derbyshire today and the tan is fading fast!
Thanks, Karen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf