Author Topic: new member  (Read 2000 times)

Offline spannerman

« on: July 22, 2004, 11:17:59 AM »
just to introduce ourselves. me and my wife michelle are selling up and hope to move to calis area around oct.we are hoping to rent for 6 months while we find a house to buy.we have been holidaying in turkey for the last 11 years and love the country and its people have never been to calis only marmaris and icmeler.but feel calis would be a perfect place to retire to. this forum has been so helpful in planning our move to turkey so it seemed rude not to join.

Offline pete123

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 11:29:19 AM »
Hi spannerman.
welcome to the forum :).My wife and I are fairly new members and like you found this site a lot of help.We have only been to Calis once and fell in love with the place. good luck on your house hunting and retirement:D:D:D

Pete & Pat
P.S. Nice to be able to retire at 12 years old:D:D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 11:41:22 AM by pete123 »

Offline june

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 11:46:43 AM »
Hi Spannerman
Myself and Stu are also new members but agree the forum has been a great help.
We also are planning to move to Calis certainly by this time next year, so we would be interested to hear from you on any help or advice along the way.  We have an apartment in Calis already so have gone through the buying mode which was quite straight forward, when we move over permanently we probably buy another house and keep the apartment for rental income, hopefully we can then live off that?,talking of which have you or anybody got any guidance to the approx amount we would need to live on each month (eating and drinking modestly), I have had a look on the search facility, but there are so many different views??
Good Luck
June

Offline tel

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 18:00:51 PM »
Hi David & Michelle,
Welcome to the site, it was and still is, a great help to most of us.
Good luck for the future in your search.  Calis is certainly different to Marmaris and Icmeler and I like them also, especialy Icmeler.
Tel

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 11:52:04 AM »
Hiya
Welcome to the forum.
Have you been over to look at Calis yet?

Offline cyril clarke

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 13:50:42 PM »
Welcome David and Michelle to the forum.
My wife,Gael and I have bought a villa in Calis and are moving over in ten days time. Finishing work tomorrow!! Hope we can be some help to you. I have searched the forum and there is loads of info for you to digest,we have also compiled our own info regarding moving etc.
Face to face meetings at the  bus stop bar every weds is probably the best way to go.Hope to meet up in October.
Regards
Cyril

Offline Orange

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 19:06:18 PM »
Hi  Welcome to the site and good luck with the move hope all goes well and you are very happy

Offline Juliejules

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 18:06:00 PM »
Hello, welcome and good luck!

Offline val

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 11:16:03 AM »
HI TO ALL , AM NEW TO THIS SITE FINDING IT VERY HELPFUL. MYSELF, HUSBAND STEVE AND YOUNGEST DAUGHTER HAVE BEEN HOLIDAYING IN CALIS FOR 6 YEARS AND LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. WE HOPE TO BUY A HOLIDAY HOME SOON ( TO START WITH ) AS MY DAUGHTER IS 12 AND NOW IN 2nd year of senior scholl. BUT HOPE TO MOVE OUT PERMINANTLY IN NEAR FUTURE.

Offline Franny2

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 16:46:54 PM »
Hello Spannerman & Michele
 Welcome & Good luck with your house search. We have bought a place on Telmessos in Calis & are very happy with it. we bought in June and the price was very resonable.
We hope to be going back in October & moving there sometime in the near future
depending on what happens with our 14 year old daughter....plan is to get her married off when she leaves school!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf