Author Topic: hello from a bored night worker  (Read 1747 times)

Offline fkrjd

hello from a bored night worker
« on: October 21, 2003, 06:24:35 AM »
Hello my name is Frank I`m a psychiatric nurse working nights and am presently bored as everyone is asleep hence this message.
I am going to Calis for the first time next August with my wife Kathryn and my 3 children and we can`t wait.From what we`ve seen on the various posts written by people it looks like a fantastic place to go. We are staying at the Telmessos complex (as seen on T.V.).Thanks to Scunner for all his help so far.
p.s. my daughter wants to know are there any boat trips that you can take to see dolphins as she thinks they are quote "Wicked"
bye for now Frank.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 06:25:26 AM by fkrjd »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 09:51:49 AM »
Hi Frank!

There are numerous boat trips, hundreds, and I've read somwhere that dolphins are regular visitors to Fethiye Bay. Must use different pubs to me. I couldn't possibly comment as to their wickedness, maybe they're just a bit impish.

I'm working away tonight but I'll see if I can find where I read about it - does anyone else know?

Scunner

Offline cenk

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 12:04:41 PM »
Hi Frank
Fethiye & Calis is  a place that you can see also huge sea turtles , they are called caretta caretta.I am % 100 sure that you will like Calis

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 12:49:56 PM »
Hi Frank,

I went on the 12 Islands boat trip and say Dolphins as we were laving Fethiye Bay.  You have to be lucky, but if there a fishing boats out at the same time you have more of a chance as they follow the fishermen who throw them scraps off the boats.  Good Luck, it is a wonderful sight to see.

Suse

Offline Nicky

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 13:01:17 PM »
Have seen dolphins a few times in the bay at calis and fethiye - but you do have to be lucky! But the boat trips are all lovely days out whether you see them or not. :)

Offline Tony Mac

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 11:28:01 AM »
We have seen dolphins in Fethiye bay and I am told that the best time to see them is when it is warm and the bay is very calm.  I have never been on a boat trip (have been known to be a bit queasy on boats) saw them from the marina at the hotel Yeni Yacht which is well into the bay.  People I have spoke to who have been on the boat trips and the Gulets tell me it is not rare to see them.  Did see a giant turtle in September this year in the main marina in Fethiye approximately 20 feet from the marina itself near the Park Cafe.  It swam up from under the water right in front of us and it's head and upper shell and front flippers came right out of the water - a truly wonderful sight.  What surprised my wife and I was that the colour of it's head/neck under the chin was a beautiful yellow with dark markings.  Truly amazing

Tony Mac

Offline fkrjd

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 23:48:58 PM »
thanks to you all from my daughter for the info so far

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf