Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1452 times)

Offline dsrobinson24

Hello
« on: September 07, 2004, 00:30:38 AM »
Hi my name is Sharon.  Myself and my hubbie Dave are looking to buy something in or around Calis.  This forum is excellant and I have found out a lot about the area.  I am thinking about coming out to look around soon, however I am not getting many replies from the various agents I have contacted over the weekend.  Did anyone else have this problem?  Also, if I do come out, it will have to be on my own as Dave is busy with work and cannot get anymore time off work.  Do you think its a good idea for a woman to come out on her own?  Am I likely to be ripped off, if I am on my own?  
We live in Newcastle so if there are any other geordies in the forum please say hello.
Many Thanks

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:34:36 AM »
Hi Sharon
Welcome to the Forum.
Give them a chance, I'm sure you'll hear something soon.
Can you not get a friend to come over with you?
I'm sure you'd be ok on your own though, as far as I know quite a few ladies have been over on their own and everything's been fine :)
Good luck
Anne

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:10:32 AM »
Hi Sharon

I have known several ladies come over on their own and never had a single problem, so don't worry about that.

Are you likely to be ripped off if you come on your own? Depends on whether you would have been ripped off if you came with someone else anyway! Rip offs are very rare, they do make big news but the business is generally very straight and professional if you follow the basic rules.

Scunner

Offline Orange

Hello
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:43:32 AM »
Hi Sharon

As Anne has said you will be quite safe on your own many ladies come on there own and purchase without a problem.
Hope all goes well and you find what you are looking for.

Offline CalisCharmer

Hello
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 16:30:24 PM »
Hello Sharon.
I too know a lot of ladies who came out to Turkey alone and they loved the place so much they didn't go back.
So you would be fine
Choose a good agent though. I'm sure there are recommendations on the site

Offline pete123

Hello
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 18:10:04 PM »
Hi Sharon
My wife and I have just brought two villas in Calis. We are out again 24/09/04 if your there then and we can help just let us know.
Welcome to the forum, theres a lot of info and nice people on here. :) :) :)
Regards
Pete&Pat

Offline dsrobinson24

Hello
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 19:01:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  I am still waiting to hear from the various agents.  I know I am being impatient but I would have thought one of them would have sent a mail.  Anyway, due to a holiday in October, I am a bit pushed for time.  Can someone let me know when the last incoming flight into Dalaman is? I would prefer to wait until after our holiday in October but if need be I can take a few days off at the end of September.  
Thanks

Offline dsrobinson24

Hello
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 19:06:50 PM »
Hi again.
My son has just read the replies to my mail and we both want to know Scunner, what are the basic rules?  Steven (my son, who is 20) has very generously volunteered to come out to Turkey with me.  I'll have to pay of course!! So there might be two of us off to Calis soon!!

Offline Franny2

Hello
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 19:09:07 PM »
Your trip is getting more expensive by the day lol!

Offline tel

Hello
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 14:41:16 PM »
hi Sharon & Dave,
Welcome to the forum
Tel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf