Author Topic: NEW MEMBER  (Read 1205 times)

Offline dave n

« on: September 08, 2004, 21:36:56 PM »
MY WIFE AND I HAD A GREAT HOLIDAY IN CALIS IN AUGUST,PART HOLIDAY  PART HOME SEEKING,IN LESS THAN TWO DAYS WE HAD MADE UP OUR MINDS. WE CAME HOME AND PUT OUR HOUSE ON THE MARKET,THE HOUSING MARKET IS VERY SLOW AT MOMENT VERY FRUSTRATING! I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO SUBMITS TO THE FORUM, THE INFORMATION IS PRICELESS.A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS (1) DO THE MEMBERS HAVE A LOCAL WATERING HOLE IN CALIS.  (2) IS THERE MUCH TO DO IN THE WINTER.                            THANKS ONCE AGAIN DAVE N & PAT.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 22:03:21 PM »
Hi Dave and Pat
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the move.
Members usually meet at the Bus Stop on a Wednesday evening when in Calis. I'm sure those who stay there year round frequent other bars too.
As for the winter, sorry can't help only been once myself and that was summertime.
Have you found a house in Calis that you like yet? or are you waiting until you sell up before making the final decision!
Anne

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 06:56:40 AM »
Dave,

Why don't you take a long let over the winter to see what it is like before you go charging out there ? I have been off season and it is really, really quiet, a large number of the english speakers who deal with the summer tourists have gone back to Istanbul & Ancara etc. and it can be absolutely freezing cold and very wet.

I have no desire to put you off, but it is a very different place off season.

Offline Orange

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:36:19 AM »
Hi Dave

Good luck with the house sale hope all goes well

Offline tel

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 11:53:08 AM »
Hell Dave & Pat,
Welcome to the forum, glad you find it helpful.
I tend to agree with Rimms a little, why not rent your place out in the UK and do as Rimms says rent in Calis for a long let.
I have visited in November and in March as well as just returned LOL
I like it in winter but it does get cold at night and I have only heard about the rain, not seen it.
Follow your heart but give yourselves time to breathe in and take in the full picture.
My plans are to keep UK house and rent it out, when I move to a smaller place.....probably lose the mortgage along the way.  Renting will pay upkeep in Turkey and collateral will rise.
Just my thoughts..LOL
I wish you the very best in whatever you decide.
Tel

Offline dave n

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 20:05:58 PM »
Hi once again, thanks to everyone who replied unfortunately we have to sell our property in UK to finance our calis one, as for the winters they cannot be as bad as home. Pat and i have made up our minds to move as soon as possible,hope to meet some members at the BUS STOP! We came out to calis with PHILLIP CLARK PROPERTIES late in july for a long weekend to get some idea what was available we found them very helpful without the pressure,i hope it is ok to name them but that is the truth.Once again thanks for the help we will keep in touch with our progress, Pat & Dave N.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf