Author Topic: Hello there!!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline McGroogle

Hello there!!
« on: October 31, 2003, 18:57:14 PM »
Well hello everyone.

I am a relative newcomer to HT and now to this forum. My interest in Turkey was brought about this summer when visiting Rhodes. We had never been to Greece before, always wanted to go and got the opportunity this year. We are a family of five and we had the most fantastic time staying in a place called Lindos. The place could not be faulted, there was something for everyone. The only drawback was the expense. It cost us an absolute fortune. Theyattributed  this to the Euro, I don't want to go down that route otherwise we will be here forever debating it. However, someone did say 'go to Turkey it is nice and a lot cheaper.

So when I got back did a couple of months trawling the websites as you do and found HT. Cut a long story short booked a DIY holiday in Icmeler for £1100.00 cheaper than the TO - bargain!! With fantastic help from all the postings. Recently I've happened upon this site from HT and I've got a hunch and that's all it can be cos i've never been to Turkey let alone Calis that a holiday home could be on the cards. They seem affordable,an investmentand more importantly people on here who have bought homes in Calis look to be having the time of their lives!! Great.

I will be following postings with interest. Sorry for going on by the way got carried away!! :-\

Cheers

McGroogle 8)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Hello there!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 19:16:50 PM »
Hi Mac,

It's really nice to hear from you, sure lots of owners hang around in here but everyone is very, very welcome.

We are very Calis / Fethiye / Hisaronu / Olu Deniz focussed, and we are having the time of our lives ! but do us a favour, keep it quiet.

Speak to you soon no doubt

Rimms

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello there!!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 09:45:16 AM »
Hi MacGroogle

I remember seeing you at the HT forums, you are, as Rimms has already said, very welcome here.

Hope to read some more from you soon.

Scunner

Offline McGroogle

Hello there!!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 22:35:05 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Scunner and Rimms. I also look forward to talking to you in the future - this is an excellent forum by the way!!

Catch you both later.

McGroogle :)

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
Hello there!!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 21:00:59 PM »
HI McGroogle,
I'll just give you a bit of background as to how we came to buy in Calis. We have normally holidayed on the Greek Islands, Kos, Corfu,Lefkas and finally at Rhodes (Lindos),Yes it was beautiful but we noticed each year the prices increasing beyond what we were prepared to pay. This year when booking hols, the travel agent suggested Turkey, we begrudgingly went along with it, we've never had a desire to visit before.
From the minute we arrived, we fell in love with the place, the people, the culture the history, I can go on and on.
An added bonus to this is the very reasonable property prices, so knowing Calis is a place we can return to time and time again, we decided to just go for it. We went back again last week to complete and now know it really is paradise!!
CMC

Offline McGroogle

Hello there!!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 13:37:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by CMC

HI McGroogle,
I'll just give you a bit of background as to how we came to buy in Calis. We have normally holidayed on the Greek Islands, Kos, Corfu,Lefkas and finally at Rhodes (Lindos),Yes it was beautiful but we noticed each year the prices increasing beyond what we were prepared to pay. This year when booking hols, the travel agent suggested Turkey, we begrudgingly went along with it, we've never had a desire to visit before.
From the minute we arrived, we fell in love with the place, the people, the culture the history, I can go on and on.
An added bonus to this is the very reasonable property prices, so knowing Calis is a place we can return to time and time again, we decided to just go for it. We went back again last week to complete and now know it really is paradise!!
CMC

CMC thanks for the info. Sounds like i could be going down the same path as you eh??

I've read your other post about Turkish Real Estate (Heidi) is there a web site for them, or if not can you tell me how to contact them to get further info about properties for sale.

Thanks for your help and i look forward to speaking to you again soon.

McGroogle :)

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Hello there!!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 19:11:26 PM »
Hi Mac
Can't put my finger on Heidi's website at this very moment but try sending an enquiry to another very nice reliable Lady estate agent called Corinne Parry with the email address  info@thelycianway.net The name of the company is Hallmark Properties. She has been more than helpful to us.
Roy
                                  (Scunner to note)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello there!!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 19:16:06 PM »
Laaaaaaaaaaaaa

Was that the right note Roy?

Heidi is at http://www.turkishestateagency.co.uk/

Scunner