Author Topic: Bit late, but a bit about me!  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Tonya

Bit late, but a bit about me!
« on: November 13, 2003, 13:50:12 PM »
Hiya, I posted elsewhere before posting here.

My name is Tonya, married to Mike, we live in Bristol and have two kids aged 6 and 3. We've been looking to buy a property abroad for a while now, we looked at France initially but thats out of our reach now.

It took a while for me to persuade Mike to think about buying in Turkey. He didnt enjoy the holiday we had in Kusadasi 8 years ago, but we went the following year to Cesme which is a much quieter resort and we enjoyed it very much.

Looking forward to contributing to the board as things progress

Offline yvonne

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 20:58:56 PM »
Hi Tonya,
Welcome! We did the same as you, Kusadasi was our first turkish experience -not the best idea we ever had (and we both work in travel!).However we tried again and went to Side in the south & fell in love with Turkey.So much so that we have just bought a place in Calis with our friends.The further south you go, the better I say.If you enjoyed Cesme , you'll love calis.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 21:04:52 PM »
Hi Yvonne, thanks for the welcome.

Thats just what I wanted to hear, I also like the fact its close to Fethiye so you have the best of both worlds. We really loved Cesme but for some reason something is pulling me towards Calis.

Offline yvonne

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 21:12:29 PM »
Hi, we went to Cesme 7 have to say Calis /Fethiye beats it hands down-because as you say , you get 2 for the price of 1 ,and everyone knows we Yorkshire folk like a bargain!!

Offline Orange

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 23:34:01 PM »
Ahhhhhh Lass....

We do love a bl**dy bargain....

Offline xanadu

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 23:45:57 PM »
Cesme is beautiful but you have seen it in a day .whearas I live in calis and have discovered loads of new bays and beaches and things to explore.plus........there is a cold wind that blows through cesme.........dont know what that has to do with anything really..and Kussadassi is th new Benidorm! yuk!

Offline cenk

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 12:40:42 PM »
Hi Tonya
Welcome to site.Your husband is definately right about not enjoying the holiday in Kusadasi.I dont like there either.
I have to tell you , Cesme changed so much in recent years.It became high society summer place of people from Istanbul and Izmir.Specially at weekends you can see too much drunk drivers opening the volume of their car stereos till the end and many  fightings ,accidents caused by alcohol.And everywhere is full of noisy bars.
I have a summer house there but I dont go for 2 years.
Cenk

Offline jan

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 17:30:04 PM »
Hi Erin. Hope you and the family are all well. Dont forget we have a date next June, we could go to Calis together and have a day out shopping  :).....( OOOHHHH RETAIL THERAPY  )
Jan

Offline Tonya

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 19:13:31 PM »
Hi Jan, nice to see you  :)
I have to confess if we get a villa we might have to cancel our trip to Lykia World in June, but we might still meet up yet! Will let you know though.

Retail therapy sounds good to me!

Cenk, I'm sorry to hear Cesme has changed so much, when we went at the end of May 1996 (our honeymoon) it was a lovely quiet place. We stayed at the Altin Yunus hotel, overlooking the marina. The hotel was very quiet as it was early in the season. It was the best holiday I've had  :)

Offline spotty

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 23:13:53 PM »
Hiya Tonya
Don't know how to start a new subject so i thought i'd add to this one.
Hello everyone. My name is Shirley and I come from Bristol too! Must be  a popular place to live!!! I have 2 kids one 13 and the other 15.
We looked at buying in Spain first but they've outpriced themselves!! So we started looking elsewhere and heard about Turkey from friends who fell in love with the place. I'm off to Turkey on Tuesday with my mum - no kids (bliss) and can't wait to start looking!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf