Author Topic: They felt the fear of death today,...  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Orange

They felt the fear of death today,...
« on: November 20, 2003, 17:53:14 PM »
We all wished that it was the first and the last bomb istanbul after the Saturday Hell. But They carried on their mission and killed innocent people today, with sencronised attacks. One was HSBC bank central building and British Consulate.

Luckly today my sister & her husband (Gonca & Atila), were there. They were in the consulate building in visa section, applying for their visa to England. They left the building about 25 minutes before the attack. They were on the Istiklal str. and they heard the explosion. Atila has rang me said "turn tele on, it is a mess here"

They felt the fear of death today, eventually they were allright. That was what we wished from the god, and he saved their lifes.

Once I would like to say, such things never happened, but it is all the mistakes of the new turkish goverment causing the caos. They are to blame, no one else.

My wishes are same as before, and my heart is with the 26 people died beacuse of the terrorism.

[:(!]
Ahmet Selim Yucel

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
They felt the fear of death today,...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 18:35:22 PM »
Ahmet

Glad to hear your relatives escaped ok. I'm sure that as well as those who lost their lives, and those injured, there will be many people who are safe but were within minutes of being caught up in the incident.

Thousands of people will think something like 'If I had left home a little earlier, I would have been there when it happened' and all the people involved in this way will be deeply affected for a very long time.

While we give all our thoughts for those killed and injured, of all nationalities, I'm sure I speak for everyone here in passing on the best wishes and relief of all your British & European friends, for your sister, brother in law and everyone else who had such narrow escapes.

Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf