Author Topic: Hello...........  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Dino

Hello...........
« on: November 21, 2003, 17:13:57 PM »
Well I've read some posts, registered, logged on, read some more posts, ended up with a sore head with all the info and now I'm here to say Hello:.

Hello Everyone
My name is Mike and I live in the North East of Scotland with my wife Heather and the kids (if you can call them kids)
After a lot of trailing through the net looking for a place in Turkey I found you lot!
Your site certainly answers a lot of questions, most of which I would never have thought of asking::..Keep it up:Its all good.

Myself, Heather and Rye,the youngest (13) are booked to fly out on the 9th December to Antalya living in Kemer for a week.
We've never been to Turkey before but my Sister and my Eldest have and they are full of praise. In fact my Sis has just bought in Altinkum (Can I mention that place here)
We were hoping to find a place during our visit and our search pattern is from Gocek to Alanya. I know it's a lot of coastline and that's why I'm on this site. I would be grateful for any contacts and advice that could help in our property search.

That's if we arrive! With all the recent goings on Heather and the in-laws aren't so keen anymore, but I've managed to gain a truce by promising to monitor the situation (how I'm supposed to do that I don't know)

Anyway. Hello and Cheerio.

For Now
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 20:56:06 PM by Dino »

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
Hello...........
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 17:21:03 PM »
Welcome to the site Mike....I wouldn't let the recent incidents in Istanbul put you off.  There is a lot of people on here with a wealth of experience about buying in Turkey, so you have come to the right place.  
Have a great time in Kemer!:D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 17:21:27 PM by susie-q »

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
Hello...........
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 18:42:26 PM »
Hi Mike and Heather, welcome, good luck with your house search. we had not been to Turkey before this summer, we've been to many other Mediteranean places, but Turkey beat them all hands down. We did hire a car and visited many places but we found Calis to be such a lovely mixture of everything we wanted. We had no intention of buying prior to going but it was meant to happen. We returned in Oct to finalise, everything went perfectly.All the best
CMC

Offline Dino

Hello...........
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 19:30:38 PM »
Thanks for the encouraging words guys.
I'm sure things will quieten down over the next few weeks. I really hope so anyway as I can't wait to start looking.
CMC. What area did you cover with your hire car and did you have agents lined up? (so to speak).
I'm not too sure of covering such a large area. Without any experience of the areas and all info coming from the net (mostly tourist guides and travel agent sites) not forgetting the very nice pictures, there seems to be an abundance of choices.
But what am I gibbering about; you've all been through it.
We seem to be swaying towards the Calis area give or take 500 miles.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello...........
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 19:51:33 PM »
Welcome Dino

I think you should get your appointments with agents sorted out first, so you can get a good idea of what is on offer, and maybe as importantly, how you get on with them, and also how quickly they get back to you on email etc.

Todays 3 day late reply about a property might be tomorrows 3 day late reply when you are desperate to talk to them about your property when you are back here. 3 days worrying about something because they haven't replied is a very long time when you are thousands of miles away.

Good luck

Scunner

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Hello...........
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 20:03:33 PM »
Hi Dino
Welcome to the madhouse....:D
Seriously though, you will find a hive of information & advice here, and i am sure that once you visit Turkey, you won`t return without owning a property.

Dave

Offline Patty

• Poster
Hello...........
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 20:11:48 PM »
Hello Dino.
Welcome to the site. We had only been to Turkey once last year. We stayed just outside Marmaris. Then my sister wanted to buy abroad and ending up going to Turkey as Spain was too expensive and a concrete jungle.
Anyway we went with her to Calis on recommedation from Scunner, didn't know what to expect and to be honest after i had booked at the last minute, may i add, i wished i hadn't, but we went.
We fell in love with the place. The people are just so friendly, they go out of their way to please you. Their polite and sincere.
Calis has the best of both worlds quiet and relaxing and Fethiye just a 10 minute dolmus ride with all your hussle and bussle.
Try Calis, you wont regret it.
Oh and by the way i wan't buying just going with my sister and ended up buying with her. It magnetic, Calis it draws you towards it and once been you'll always return.
Best of luck where ever you buy.

Patty:D

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Hello...........
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 20:31:51 PM »
Welcome Dino
Don't worry it isn't really such a madhouse as Dave makes out, as he says you will find a lot of straighforward help from the members of this site.
You will be leaving in just over 2 weeks so you had better start by quickly asking any questions you have concerns about. The information I got from members when I was buying was very valuable indeed.
The best of luck in your search and enjoy your visit.
Roy
PS. You will gain a lot of 'street cred' if your arrival in Gocek  is by a fancy yacht instead of a hire car. :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 20:33:28 PM by Roy H »

Offline Dino

Hello...........
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 20:51:56 PM »
Once again Ta! What a bunch!
I know there's a lot to find out and I'll be asking, dont worry.
You'll be kicking me off the forum before long.
First one is Agents - Anybody know some (good guys)
Second is Banking, infact I think that's 2,3,4,5 & 6. Can't be to carefull where monies concerned.
I think I'll move onto another thread with these ones.
I'd heard Gocek was a yachty paradise and expensive too. But I didnt mean 'In Gocek' who do you think I am 'Onassis'
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 20:53:57 PM by Dino »

Offline Marly

Hello...........
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 21:03:21 PM »

Hi Dino and welcome, as for recent events do not let that put you of from travelling to Turkey, from Calis alone Istanbul is 550 miles away and would take about 14 hours by road to get there!!
 Like everyone on this site we just fell in love with Calis and it,s surrounding area, a wonderful part of Turkey, can,t wait till Xmas when were next over to stay in our Villa on Telmessos.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf