Author Topic: Hi from Scarey!  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Scarey

• Senior Citizen
Hi from Scarey!
« on: November 24, 2003, 23:26:29 PM »
Hi, for those that know me will recognise me by the user name ha ha!!
Have been entertained for the past few weeks by you mad lot:could not resist any longer and had to join in.
Hi to Chrissie, Pete, Heidi and Muko  8)
A quick intro for those (apart from the four mentioned) that don't know me.
My first visit ever to Turkey was the day war broke out (and yes I got all the text msjs begging me not to go!). But I had made the decision to buy some property in Turkey, had done all the research on internet, arranged appointments with agents, booked the flights and got the chaperon (thank you Barbara will never forget it!) and I was off.
I have a wonderful supporting husband and 3 lovely children who have always encouraged me (and yes, I was also warned about the turkish men ha ha! Sorry, no offence meant to all those handsome turkish chaps !) :D
I went to Bodrum, Calis/Fethiye and Kemer in search of property, but fell in love with Fethiye.
We arrived at night and stayed at the Ata Park Hotel.
I shall never forget waking, pulling back the curtains to see the most beautiful snow capped mountains with the peaceful marina:.it was love at first sight.
Was introduced to Fethiye/Calis and the surrounding areas, thank you Ian, I will never forget, especially the sundowners etc (for those that know Ian will know what I mean!)
Fell in love with a villa in Calis and bought it:.have been out four times this year and have made some really lovely friends:.It feels like home from home (even have my Migros card girls)  :)
I have since been back on my own to sort out property without chaperon ha ha!
I have met so many lovely people, I know that when I am out there on my own and have a problem there is always someone willing to help that I can turn too:amazing!
When I am in the UK I work as a qualified nurse:I am currently working on my web-site for the property in question (oh sorry Scunnel, just kidding, Scunner, nearly forgot no advertising hey!) Which reminds me how on earth did you get the name Scunner??!!
Sorry again, the quick intro turned into a long intro:its funny how you just get carried away ha ha ha!
Have e-mailed picy, do I get 5 stars for that?! :D

Scarey

Offline Tonya

Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 23:40:56 PM »
Hiya Scarey, what a lovely story.

I'll leave the funny comments to someone else, hope you stick around to give some tips/advice, quite a few of us going through the buying process at the moment.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 00:06:51 AM »
Hello Scarey

Funny, your pic didn't arrive so no stars as yet.

Very interesting reading, glad you not only were entertained but also found time to appreciate the advertising rules  :)

I hope you enjoy participating, now you have broken your silence - don't be too scarey, we have some nervous types here.

Scunnel

Offline cenk

Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 06:15:16 AM »
Hi Scarey
Welcome to site.
What is the location of your villa in Calis ? Maybe we are close to eachother.
Cenk

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 09:05:29 AM »
Welcome to the site Scarey,
Sounds like you might have a lot of useful information to share. How come it took you so long to join us ?. Don't go scaring our friend Scunner, he's a pussycat really and not scarey at all  :)

Offline Nicole

Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 09:43:29 AM »
Hi Scarey,
Welcome to the site. Tell us more about the property you bought. We'd love to hear all about it - not the rental side of things of course, but the location, where you bought the furniture and other practical stuff for all of us who are new to buying in Turkey.
Nicole

Offline Nicole

Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 09:44:50 AM »
P.S. How scarey are you exactly?

Offline Scarey

• Senior Citizen
Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 11:08:32 AM »
Ah, thanks for the welcome.
Having a few technical probs sending pic, will try and sort...and no its not excuses, honest!
My villa is set 5mins walk straight back from Aqua city...does that help. Its a stones throw from Ulma market (incase anyone has stumbled across them).
As for furniture, most of it I bought at Bellona (and remember girls if they wont reduce anymore off the price see what little extras they will throw in...in this case I got them to throw in there shop display of roses :-)!!!)
My lighting I was really pleased with, I found a super shop that had masses to choose from...will get back to you on the name and where abouts as I cant remember, must have been too much wine the night before !!
Recently had villa air-conditioned on the last visit. Was recommended one of the Mitsubishi shops (I think there are two, so need to get the right one), bought Samsui. I am pleased with them, paid £1700 for x4 9000units and x1 18000unit ! I was recommended this shop due to the good aftersales service incase there is ever a prob (hope that will be the case.) I was impressed with the installation, they were very pleasant and cleaned up after themselves...which is quite unusual I understand (especially some of the horror stories I have heard).
If there is anything you want to know feel free to ask...its nice to be able to help if I possibly can.
Nicole, I am very Scarey, ha ha  ;)

PS. Ok Squiffy and weey, wheres your intros then ????!!!! Bet you could give us a good story :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 11:49:45 AM »
Welcome, Scarey.

Can you give us some more info on your villa- exactly where and maybe a picture?

Stoop

Offline Harley

Hi from Scarey!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 15:27:00 PM »
Hello Scary and welcome on board...
Can't wait to hear your experiences ;)

Harley

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf