Author Topic: Helo o Gymru  (Read 1661 times)

Offline georgina sims

Helo o Gymru
« on: January 23, 2004, 22:04:19 PM »
8) Helo there from a wet and windy town, just joined and a bit brain dead on a friday nite. Good to talk about Turkey and looking forward for our holiday in July.That's all for now, luv georgina

Offline nelliedeen

Helo o Gymru
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 08:18:18 AM »
Hi Georgina, I take it you hail from Wales, we too are Welsh and from Cardiff, where do you live.
Helen and Bill

Offline georgina sims

Helo o Gymru
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 13:37:00 PM »
Hello Helen & Bill

We live in Pwllheli on the Llyn Peninsula. We bought a place at Zakkum
Villas (Gunlukbasi, Calis) last year. We love it. We're hoping to go back in July this year.

Georgina & John  :)

Offline nelliedeen

Helo o Gymru
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 21:38:23 PM »
Hi Georgina and John,  I read on another thread that you were from North Wales.  My husband used to travel all around the country and visited Pwllheli quite often, he worked for Bowater Packaging, and was a service engineer installing and maintaining milk carton machinery in the local dairies, he made quite a few friends up there, but it did take a while.  The boys used to come and stay with us down in Cardiff when the rugby was on. It is a really beautiful part of the country up there, I once took the kids up to Butlins, many moons ago and they had a great time.  We went up by train and the journey was awesome. Perhaps we will meet up some time in Calis, unfortunately we are not there in July this year, but May and September.  The mountains of Turkey remind me of home.
See ya

Regards

Helen and Bill

Offline georgina sims

Helo o Gymru
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 21:59:20 PM »
Thanks for that - it's a small world isn't it ? We were there last september we found it less crowded but the sales pitch amongst the market traders had lifted a notch as there were less people around to target. We thought we would like the hussle and bussle of July this year , this said there might well be a change of plan...who knows- not booked any flight yet. Have a good evening - Georgina & John

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
Helo o Gymru
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 10:11:31 AM »
Hi Georgina, welcome to the site.It was nice reading about your lovely part of the country, Pwllheli, I spent many a summer holiday as a child staying on a farm in Pwllheli.My parents would take their caravan and dump it in a field for 6 weeks at a time. We had so much fun and I am sure the weather was always hot!! Last year I went there just for a weekend for memories sake, I couldn't find the farm though and try asking the locals where Parry's farm is, they look at you as though you're mad, all farms are owned by someone called Parry!!Never mind,
Christine

Offline georgina sims

Helo o Gymru
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 15:04:34 PM »
Parry's farm...I like it, speak to you later !
Georgina

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf