Author Topic: putting the plan together  (Read 5783 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
putting the plan together
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 22:14:31 PM »
All I can say is go for it.!!!You will get all the advice you need from people on the forum. Good luck.

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 23:00:34 PM »
Hi there I have been dreaming of moving to Turkey for a few years now. 3 years ago we put our house on the market and almost sold it but then the market took a dive and this never happened.We decided to take the house off the market and wait till things picked up. Still waiting. I work for the council and recently our council is offering voluntary redundancy. I looked at my redundancy forcast payment after 29 years as a council employee and am shocked to find my payment would be 24,000. What a cheek. I thought I may be able to get early retirement as well but because the early retirement age went from 50 to 55 in April this year I cant have early retirement. I am 53. Believe me I am constantly thinking of how I could go to Turkey, even if it were for 3 months at a time like Ian. I would love this opportunity. It just isnt meant to be for now but when I get the chance im off to Turkey. Good luck to anyone is is now at the stage where they can sell up and go. Ah well I believe in fate. I still have dreams of the great escape. like those posts above i really can understand those who feel like me about planning the great escape. x
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 23:14:25 PM by heatherhanum »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »
Thanks so much for all the words of support,much needed at the moment!
Put my house on the market 4 days ago and have had 2 offers, one for the full price and one 5K under - but she is renting and mortgage ready- and could be as quick as 6 weeks
Yikes!
After 16 years dreaming the reality now is surprisingly scary.
I spent much of the day yesterday on the phone to my sister doing all the ifs and ands and guilty feelings of leaving parents & children. (grown adults who have left home as I keep being reminded)
Shes right behind me, told me in no uncertain terms to just do it! Shes already planning her summer holiday and has requested I have somewhere with a pool.
My daughter is travelling in Africa at the mo, and back in December, would have liked to have talked it through with her, but then shes always known Ive wanted to do it.
Not sure she'll be impressed that we may well all end up at a local Church or soup kitchen for Christmas dinner...

Im off to Thailand tomorrow,and who knows how far along things might be when I get back.

please keep telling me your positive stories,and keep the negatives as nice as possible!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »
How exciting.  remember you aren't going to the end of the world, it is only four hours flight away, so if you are needed you can get back within 24 hours.  I'm sure your family will be pleased for you and will want you to follow your dream.  

In terms of moggie transport - I believe some airlines will let you carry her on board in a carrier if you purchase a seat for her.  I can't remember which airline....or if rules have changed.  

Good luck  - go for it !

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 22:21:19 PM »
Oh wow things are happening so don't get twitchy now. Be brave just go for it. You are not too far away if you need to return to the UK. Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 22:53:43 PM »
Thank you, I will. I suddenly have so many questions in my head that I'd never thought of before, thank goodness for this forum

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 10:41:53 AM »
I've emailed you re: bringing pets

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 19:52:26 PM »
Can I be you pet please

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 20:06:38 PM »
thanks ever so much. Heather can you squeeze in a cat basket?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf