Author Topic: Back pain.  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Julesp

Back pain.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 23:01:54 PM »
Yes you can get heat pads here No probs

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Back pain.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 23:27:19 PM »
I know people on here are giving advice with the best of intention but I do think if the pain is so severe then professional medical advice should be sought.

It is all very well saying take this tablet and that tablet but you have to ensure that the right dose is given and that there is no adverse reaction. Not to scare anyone but a friend of ours had a chest infection and went to the chemist. He gave her antibiotics and she started to take them and began to feel very unwell. Luckily we had a friend who is a nurse in the UK visitingand she looked at the tablets. The dose she was taking was 10 times the recommended dose. It is possible that the correct dosage was lost in translation.

Offline Julesp

Back pain.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 00:03:32 AM »
I agree about not taking unprescribed medications
But Antibiotics are a different type of drug from painkillers and shouldnt be taken lightly and also never without a prescription

And of course you should only take painkillers in moderation too

But they are good in relieving the effects of back pain so that you are able to get around relatively pain free and mobile That is the best way to control back pain

I think most people on here who have allergies to the popular painkillers would know about their own bodies

Offline cinders

Back pain.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »
Hi Scouser 2
I agree medical help should be sought if pain persists,  but to try self help initially can be useful (and cheaper).  If after say 3-4 days the problem has not eased or resolved  or even become worse then yes seek medical help, sometimes problems need say an  x-ray/physio etc.  
Agree with Scunner about the pharmacist in Fethiye he is very helpful, and could also give advice regarding medication, titration and correct dosage. I still beleive 1 gram paracetamol and 200mg ibuprofen combined is an excellent pain reliever short term (about 1 week)
Hope your wife soon feels better   :) C

Offline tony jenkins

Back pain.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:52 AM »
Ibuprofen need to be taken at meal times (read instructions)

Offline scouser2

Back pain.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:26 AM »
Hi All.
Many thanks for your replies. I got Ibuprofen 200mg for her and she took them. Her back pain started to go after about 30 mins. She took 3 tablets in total yesterday and was feeling pain free last night.

Offline thomasmite996

Back pain.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 05:04:12 AM »
Mostly people feel back pain. It have many reasons or lack of fitness. I think you have to take pain killer if it is not work then go to doctor and take check up. I think it is the best way to get rid from back pain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf