Author Topic: prescriptions in calis  (Read 4339 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: prescriptions in calis
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »
Not all drugs are available over the counter, for example many pain killers are not.  However, we have been able to purchase different types of blood pressure tabs and tabs for choletral.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 15:28:00 PM »
I know lots of English people who get their prescription drugs in Turkey as they say it's cheaper.  We don't pay for prescriptions in Scotland. 
I do know there is no codeine in Turkey.

Offline big a

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 16:21:55 PM »
You can get codeine in turkey but I had to go to devlet and get a prescription from the doctors

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 16:58:14 PM »
This will be an important topic for many I am sure but there seems to be conflicting advice being given.

So do you need a prescription for some drugs or not and can you get codeine or not in Turkey.

Offline lissa

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 17:26:28 PM »
Yes you definitely need a prescription for some drugs, I dont know if there is a list anywhere detailing those only available on prescription, or alternatively, those available over the counter. For specific drugs, a chemist would be able to advise. I have just had an operation here in Fethiye and was given a prescription for anti coagulant injections,the doctor said I needed them for 30 days. The chemist informed me that only 10 days supply can be given on one prescription at the start, so I will need another prescription from the doctor, but then can have the other 20 days in one go as I will have already been taking this drug. So obviously guidelines, but difficult - why am I not surprised!
I think if I was on any sort of medication,I would ask a chemist if this is available over the counter or if a prescription is needed. Obviously the cost then would rise as the doctor would have to be paid.

Offline big a

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 18:33:22 PM »
Earlier this we needed morphine (which they only do in slow release patches) so went to pharmacy across road from migros in town who wrote a note for me to take to devlet with the doctors name on envelope . We were seen straight away and given the prescription (also for codeine ) but these were not cheap so it is best if you are on controlled drugs to bring a good supply with you

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 19:15:49 PM »
And if you do bring any drugs in quantity, get a letter from your doctor detailing the drugs and stating that they are prescribed for you. It might save a lot of explaining at customs control.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 14:42:44 PM »
My daughter tried to get codeine in the chemist opposite Migros and the chemist told us there was no codeine in Turkey and we would not be able to buy it.  I have heard it's considered to be an additive drug by the authorities.
We where also told it's illegal to bring it into Turkey. 
However, it seems it is available, but there would be no point in having to go to the Devlet hospital for a prescription when codeine is readily available in the U.K.

Offline big a

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 15:10:38 PM »
Ok providing you live in the uk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf