Author Topic: Dask  (Read 1813 times)

Offline DrapeS

Dask
« on: November 30, 2012, 21:10:48 PM »
Can anybody tell me exactly how the DASK Insurance scheme works. We have been paying for this annually through our management company. This week we have received an email from a lawyer supposedly representing an insurance company who state that our Management company have not paid them for our Dask policy. I am suspicious as when I insisted on a copy of the certificate from the management company after the earthquake in June they sent me something that differs greatly from what I have received before and since (this year we purchased our own Dask) When I queried the difference in appearance I was told that the certificate was computer generated by the insurance company. Previously and since I have a certificate with the Dask logo and signed - the year I am querying has no signature or logo. Also, how can I check the legitimacy of the email from the lawyer?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Dask
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 13:09:54 PM »
Not sure if I am reading this correct, you purchased your own Dask insurance this year (mandatory insurance)  therefore not required by your management company, I would email the "lawyer" email confirming that you have your own individual Dask insurance and they direct all mail to the management company. 
You have purchased your own Dask, you have the certificate (receipt) as proof. let them fight it out.

Offline villajadore

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 13:24:42 PM »
We have also this week received a similar email from a lawyer saying we haven't paid our dask or house insurance due in July11 and have referred this to our Management Company, even though we now no longer own a villa in turkey.  The management company are looking into this as apparently quiet a few of their clients have received the same email.  What Management Company are you with DrapeS?  It all seems dubious to me, not sure how insurance works in Turkey but in England you have to pay upfront when you renew or you policy is cancelled?

Offline Chinook

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 13:30:53 PM »
We recently changed our House insurance company on renewal. In order to also change the DASK our new company said that the needed to give the Government department who deals with DASK details of the current DASK policy in order to implement. If you were not asked the same question it could suggest that previously none has been in place, particularly if you had not been receiving copies of the "cover note" in the usual format.

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 21:52:36 PM »
Sounds like a scam to me!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf