Author Topic: Worth Changing?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
Worth Changing?
« on: August 25, 2013, 23:33:16 PM »
hi everyone, i use Finnans bank and really like how it works, very easy intenet banking, Deniz answers my emails, no problems at all. but other banks seem to have a better interest rate. how long does it take to open a different account and transfer money over? i took me most of the day when i opened the finnans account, and we are only over for 2 weeks, and dont really want to bother if it takes a long time or i wont get a much better deal?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Worth Changing?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 00:09:11 AM »
I would say not. For the increase in interest (not much) you may well suffer greatly in another way, especially if you are with Finans who have always been very easy to deal with for Brits. There are few things more frustrating than not being able to get sense or service or even a reply out of a bank in a foreign country and for a half percent more you better value your blood pressure at just a few pounds a month - seriously.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 00:33:55 AM »
Thanks Scunner, that's what I will go with, it's all set up with them and I can just enjoy the holiday

Offline quackers

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:42:05 AM »
I also wanted a better ınterest rate wıth them and went to see them and changed to a double egg account ıt took half an hour cos I went ın at 9am and was 1st ın the queue. Double egg was payıng 9.5% for 35 days wıth daıly ınterest the rate then changes to a lower one but better rate than before. I have a frıend who when he goes ın to see an advısor tells her no phone calls,door shut and  just deal wıth me and ıt works he ıs out quıck.

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 05:44:17 AM »
One tıp. They hold back 4k of your money overnıght that does not get ınterest . Thıs ıs so that u can wıthdraw cash ıf you need ıt wıthout losıng that days ınterest. I had that ammount lowered to suıt me.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 19:31:10 PM »
Thanks Quackers,is there a minimum amount for the double egg accounts? and can i acces it through my internet banking because i dont seem to be able to find it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf