Author Topic: Inflation: Here and There  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Inflation: Here and There
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:08:20 AM »
Results this morning for the UK show annual change in the UK has just tipped into deflation: April 2014 to April 2015 = - 0.1%. The Eurozone and USA are on zero inflatiopn. Meanwhile inflation in Turkey creeps upwards; up from 7.24% in January to 7.91% in April. That is with oil at low prices not seen in a great many years but has started to rise again. We really are on very different paths.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Inflation: Here and There
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »
I think for " The President " to admit there is a financial crisis, with the upcoming elections looming speaks volumes.

Unemployment and inflation rising, industrial action in the Motor industry and the chaos surrounding the elections

will spook the markets.             God only knows who" The President "will blame then, he's running out of new enemies.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
Well, he hasn't tried "One of the big boys did it and ran away" yet.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 17:31:26 PM »
Results this morning for the UK show annual change in the UK has just tipped into deflation: April 2014 to April 2015 = - 0.1%. The Eurozone and USA are on zero inflatiopn. Meanwhile inflation in Turkey creeps upwards; up from 7.24% in January to 7.91% in April. That is with oil at low prices not seen in a great many years but has started to rise again. We really are on very different paths.
[/quote;

After the Tories vowing for years to bring inflation in the U.K. down to a minus figure, and this having been somehow achieved, the Governor of The Bank of England stated today that HE will take measures in order to raise the inflation rate to 2% ?? ( Artificially, I suppose ). He mentioned that, at present, due to " deflation " , food is , quote ; MUCH cheaper, energy costs are MUCH cheaper, and , wait for it .........road fuel is MUCH cheaper , end quote. WHERE ?? not in this part of the U.K. Fuel, in particular , Diesel fuel, is going up here almost on a monthly basis , as for food costs, well one has to shop around to find the best prices, as always !!!!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 17:32:42 PM »
Well, he hasn't tried "One of the big boys did it and ran away" yet.

Oh , he will, he will !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf