Author Topic: Cash machine inside Kipa  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Cash machine inside Kipa
« on: July 08, 2017, 10:12:02 AM »
I am pretty sure I have seen a cash machine inside Kipa at Calis...does anyone know what bank it is for and if i withdrew some sterling there could i use my Nationwide card there without getting a charge? Thsnks in advance for replies   ;)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Cash machine inside Kipa
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:21:33 AM »
Can't remember what bank the ATM is for inside, but there are 3 / 4 more in the car park just by the taxi rank. You may find one of them that doesn't charge

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »
AK Bank is best for Nationwide. No charges on sterling withdrawel.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »
Inside Kipa are TEB and Ing bank ATM's. In the car park are ones from Garanti, Yapi Kredi, Halk and Is bank.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 13:57:36 PM »
Look for the "£'s" sign on the front of the machines.   Never drawn money from the machines at Kipa cannot remember seeing a "£'s" sign on the ones inside or outside. We use the one in the Main Street AKA Bank, you can draw Sterling in that one with your Nationwide Card.   
The machines do not charge you to use them.  The charges come from your Bank.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 18:30:04 PM »
ones in Kippa don't do £ well they didn't in May

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
Thanks very much all, i did have a look at the machines and did not notice any pound signs...we are with Finas if i withdraw from a non Finas machine do i get a charge and also what words do we have to select to wivdraw? We went to get money out to psy a hotel bill other day and didnt have a clue, we are currently not doing very well at all re all things Turkish banking!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
I would look for the AK Bank machines as you then will not be charged either by the machine or the NW for withdrawing sterling.

Theres one on Calis main st and a few in Fethiye.

Just a note though - when you press the sterling button it doesn't work first time. You have to wait until only the sterling and euro buttons appear then press again. It then beeps and you get your cash  :)

I would imagine a few have ended the transaction before those buttons come into play thinking there is no sterling in the machines. Happened at all the AK Bank ones we tried.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
Use the Aka Bank machine in the Main Street near the exchange shop, they pay out in Sterlng.  The machine does not charge you, it is your bank that charge you to draw money from the machines.  When the menu comes up on the machine pick "English" as your language and follow the instructions you will be asked what you want to draw and in which currency.   
In your first message you said you were using a Nationwide Card to draw Sterling so now are you using a Finans Card or still using the Nationwide Card?   If you are drawing money with a Finans Card you need to ask Finans do they charge to draw Sterling if that is what you want to do.  I doubt they will charge to draw Lira.
When you come back home, get a Halifax Clarity Card, then you can pay your bills over in Turkey easily, It is No.1 Card to use abroad, on Martin Lewis's Website, just make sure you pay up your account with the Halifax every month.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 19:25:51 PM »
Thsnks all for replies, cheers Stoop il remember that about the buttons at the Akbank mc...sorry for confusion, i knew about Akbank and no charges if using my nationwide card to wivdraw sterling...re my Finas we were going to use it to pay a bill with but the only 2 options that came up were something to do with a credit card payment and a deposit there seemed to be no option to wivdraw!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf