Author Topic: Revolut  (Read 5957 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: Revolut
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 15:34:37 PM »
This is what Martin Lewis says....

The top pick cards are Revolut and WeSwap. There’s much of a muchness between them. Both give best prevailing interbank exchange rates and can be used in euros, dollars and other currencies - though Revolut works in slightly more countries. If you want your money quickly Revolut won’t charge a fee, and is best for those withdrawing smaller amounts, under £500 a month. While WeSwap is best for those withdrawing larger amounts, over £200ish at a time. Otherwise there are fees.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 16:17:46 PM »
For withdrawing £ abroad we use Nationwide which is cost free. I wanted Revolut to make it easier to pay in the local currency and get a very good rate as well.

TL coming in at 8.20 as I type. That’s decent.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 16:35:51 PM »
I don't seem to be having a lot of success with my Revolut card. When I try to carry out a transaction I often get  a message " Sorry, something went wrong, Try again later". Anyone else getting the same ?

Offline davybill

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
Try putting some money in it.  LOL.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
Oh. Hardy, hardy, haaa !  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 11:03:13 AM »
Just as a matter of interest. I've found out today that you can't deposit cheques into any type of Revolut account. I've had a repayment from those very nice people at HMRC to my business and have had to open another business account with Starling Bank instead.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 17:05:32 PM »
Just as a matter of interest. I've found out today that you can't deposit cheques into any type of Revolut account. I've had a repayment from those very nice people at HMRC to my business and have had to open another business account with Starling Bank instead.

Cheques? Do people still get them?

Actually I knew this and if I get one I just send it to one of my other accounts and then transfer the money electronically.

Even Tesco have stopped accepting cheques in their store now. Last one I got I had to post to their bank HO.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 17:16:35 PM »
I changed my business account from a "high street bank" to Revolut because of the closure of the local branch. It was only today that I realised that they had no way of accepting credits by cheque. Starling Bank however will accept cheque credits by post.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf