Author Topic: Another new Five Star Hotel going up  (Read 22298 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Another new Five Star Hotel going up
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
Just hope that this time they make adequate provision for the disposal of waste sewage. Seemingly, the Sensatori have been fined 80k tl for allowing / pumping into the sea  :o

Offline Eric

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »
Its no good just fining them, the authorities should shut them down until they have sorted the problem out.  We will not be going to the beach anywhere along the Calis 'Bay' area for the remainder of this year.  I am sure there are a lot of tourists who won't be coming back any time soon due to this problem.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 19:47:03 PM »
I love swimming in the sea but will NOT be doing it again this year... Another nail in the coffin for me... Lets hope that Thomsons can fill any hotel after this weeks revelations on The News channels over here....

Offline micky mouse

Big changes in koca calis.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »
Just returned from turkey again there seems no room for anymore bars,resturants,along the beach there is another bar just opened in 3 weeks that i was last there its called the blue zone,theres very little beach left for the locals and christ its like a race track in the evening soon i can see someone getting killed along the new beach road the speed they drive.Where we are and all around the council have put up 30 mile a limit signs what a joke.The area is really changing weather for better or worse who knows.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 18:16:32 PM »
I read a complaint on T.A. about the Sensatori swim up rooms.  Some guy who had paid extra for one, said  that you can swim up to nothing, there is just some water around the bedrooms that you swim around in... Also the guy further complained that he was with his family and the room had no door on the bathroom/toilet.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 09:35:25 AM »
You swim up to your balcony Jacqui. That's why they call them swim ups. What did he expect - a private bar and water slide?

As for toilet doors. Many hotels leave them off now and I have been to a few where you can see into the shower as well. Not really suitable for family rooms though I admit.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
I think he expect to swim up somewhere else and not just swim around a small area outside his balcony. He, apparently, had stayed at these resorts before, so I expect he knew what he was talking about.
A girl my daughter works with was at the Sensatori near Calis and said her and her husband paid 50 euros per day to use the large sunbeds the resort has...She had not been to Turkey before, so probably thought this was the norm. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 17:14:52 PM »
50 euros a day - must be mad!!!!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 17:44:38 PM »
I've been to hotels and had a swim up room before as well - so I know what I'm talking about too.

Basically you have a room, which has a balcony, which has an entrance to a pool. You can get in the water and 'swim up' to your balcony.

If you are lucky (like we were) you might get a bar to swim to and have a drink. However anyone booking the Sensatori Fethiye can see from the pictures that this is not the case at this hotel.

By large sunbeds do you mean the cabanas? I understand they are 50 euros a day and come with your own waiter. I think they hold a few people and I don't think it's 50 euros per person but per cabana.

Each to their own I guess but to me if it was available for four adults then I might just give it a go if I was there.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 19:34:32 PM »
Great swim up facilities and beach when we stayed at El Dorado Casitas Royal in Mexico, you had waiter service to your room and swim up bars dotted all around the swim ups, on the beach you had beach bars and waiter service for food and drinks and no extra charge for this or for the double beach beds. I've walked around the Sensatori and believe me, they are not in the same league.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf