Author Topic: Secret Garden Calis  (Read 9646 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Secret Garden Calis
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 18:09:54 PM »
Thank goodness.. Barrie and I thought it was just us.. When we went the service was really slow. Barrie had a very small and badly cooked steak. mine was an overcooked lasagne. ..We went a couple of weeks later and were tempted by the all day breakfast before we set off to the airport. . again not good. There was only us in and we waited ages for the coffee and then half an hour for the breakfast.. which wasn't hot..  I have friends there who think it is great so no accounting for taste again.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »
We've been for drinks but found it very grubby,my mum ate there and advised us not to as she thought it was dirty including the plates etc

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 10:55:55 AM »
I certainly don't believe everything I read on Trip Advisor

And quite rightly so!

JF

Offline sadler

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »
What a shame. Another one which seemed to start very well, just to sit back on their laurels and don't realise that once set, the standard has to be maintained. Trip Advisor, I have commented twice on it, to the best of my knowledge, and one of those was for a dire experience which I was so annoyed about, had to sound off somewhere and the other at the request of a restaurant we frequent frequently, at their request. It is so blatantly contrived I cannotremember the last time I looked on it and would certainly not be swayed by postings on it. My time is so much more precious.   :)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 16:45:39 PM »
I certainly don't believe everything I read on Trip Advisor, there are a lot of comments that should be taken with a large pinch of salt!     ;)

So it would seem as there is a now a new number one restaurant in Calis according to TA, a bakery, Babafirins.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 17:07:32 PM »
Curious, it's number three when I look.  Number one is Gelato Bianco in Hisaronu, MB second and Baba Firin third.

Or are you meaning in Calis from the list?

JF

Offline yabanci

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 17:33:03 PM »

Or are you meaning in Calis from the list?

Yes.The TA list posted is for restaurants in the Fethiye area.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »
But Baba Firins is at best a coffee bar.  So how it leads the restaurant section is beyond me, other than I suspect it is a fiddle.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:05 AM »
So how it leads the restaurant section is beyond me, other than I suspect it is a fiddle.

The methodology employed by Tripadvisor for reviews is beyond most folks. 

As regards to fiddles - if I opened a greasy spoon tomorrow I guarantee I could have it at number one in most towns (harder in large cities) within three weeks, a month tops.  It may cost a couple of hundred quid, but as a marketing exercise it would be a cracking return.  It's not difficult, when you know how.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf