Author Topic: New York pizza & bakery  (Read 9739 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: New York pizza & bakery
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
Went here last night for a meal. Have no complaints with the food, it was very good. Just a word of warning regarding wine though. The waiter who served us spoke no English but we managed to make him understand that we wanted a bottle of wine instead of 2 glasses. He brought us a bottle of wine that had already been opened, I wasn't too happy with that but let it go. When we received the bill they had charged us 90TL for the wine. I called over the main guy and asked why it was so expensive. He said because it was equal to 6 glasses at 15TL a glass. I said that his glass size must be very small if that was the case. I also said why was I not given a choice of wine when I ordered it? He agreed that I should have. He asked me how much would I have expected to pay and I said 60TL. We agreed on a price of 70TL. There was no falling out and the problem was sorted out quite amicably. Just to let you know what happened and be careful if you order wine by the bottle. Ask to see the wine list first   ;)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 05:06:32 AM »
Have eaten here 3 times since the new ownership and will continue to do do as food great & prices very reasonable,  Still a few issues with non English speaking staff, funny thing happened when 10 of us (6 freinds going home last meal) ate there, one of the party asked for a whiskey,  A glass of brown coloured liquid came out but before he could drink it the pizza chef who speaks English ran out saying don't drink it, turns out all there bottles are filled with cold tea for appearance,  he did offer to get a bottle in but he declined & he had wine instead,  A great place to eat on baris manco away from the front & they don't just do great pizzas,  pasta,  salads and more.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 05:22:42 AM »
there flyer

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 17:15:19 PM »
Anyone know what’s happened to this place, been up a couple of times but it’s closed, came here last year and really enjoyed the pizza.

Thanks

Offline Jack13

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 22:38:59 PM »
been closed for over a week at least. sign outside advertising for rent.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 22:44:00 PM »
Doesn't surprise me one bit that its closed down.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 04:18:39 AM »
Ah Im gutted we were going to try it this trip, what a shame aa it looked lovely

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
Beleive owners dad was taken ill as he shut up shop & went to see hım whilst öpen, hope all iş well, shame as was by far the best pizza in çalış.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf