Author Topic: Baba Fırın/Daddy's BakehouseThree weeks ago I visited this  (Read 2519 times)

Offline grizabella

Baba Fırın/Daddy's BakehouseThree weeks ago I visited this
« on: November 11, 2014, 19:18:31 PM »
Three weeks ago I visited this bakery to enquire about gluten free bread.I spoke to the baker who said he could make some for me if I put in an order.I asked the price and was told 4tl.A bit expensive but as gluten free bread almost impossible to find here in Çalış I put in my order.The bread was lovely,easy to slice and was even warm when I collected it.......Success!I now thought I had my regular supply.Imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks later,after putting in another order and arranging to pick it up on the Saturday afternoon,I was presented with FROZEN loaves and they were now costing me 6tl each!An increase of 50%.When I questioned the price increase was told the 4tl was a promotion price.At no time was I told this.Then when I questioned the frozen loaves was told that they defrosted in 30 mins!Not good enough Daddy's Bakehouse.So I for one will not be going back to this bakery and am once again resigned to settling for the corn bread from a bakers in Gunlukbaşı at 2tl a loaf.Its very nice too may I add.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Baba Fırın/Daddy's BakehouseThree weeks ago I visited this
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 20:48:24 PM »
Short sighted attitude from a Turkish business... never!

Why don't you make your own bread, its not difficult and I've been reliably informed "glutensiz" flour is readily available from Migros, Kipa & Carrefour (at least def in istanbul so looks like its a stock line).

JF

Offline grizabella

Re: Baba Fırın/Daddy's BakehouseThree weeks ago I visited this
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
I have tried the packet mix for gluten free bread and it was a disaster!!!!!Not really a queen in the kitchen.I do use the gluten free flour to make pancakes though.Will just continue with the corn bread which is quite nice but you just cant make a sandwich with it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf