Author Topic: Roka Restaurant owner not paying his way?  (Read 10134 times)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: Roka Restaurant owner not paying his way?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »
I agree with Nichola a private matter should remain that way and this gentleman's business should not have anything to do with the situation.

It would be nice now that his position has been explained in great details for those who made negative comments to express their support not only for the restaurant but also the principles and the Law that this man holds dear, which do seem somewhat lacking nowadays   ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 13:22:38 PM »
I have just read through this is a hurry, but yes it is good to have the facts why they do not wish to pay,this is no consolation when the electric  is cut off and the owners are not able to use their apartments that they have paid many £1000's of hard earned money to have a holiday home. the legal process is all very good but can take 5-10 or more years, this is no consolation to the owners, as Savoy boy found out, another Manzara  build owner.
How mny times over the last 20years have we heard this story, the worst culprits were or used to be in the area, Hanel Homes, and yet still many owners are having problems and some in the meantime have seen their properties demolished, therefore many foreign owners have no choice but to pay. where as the law will protect the Turkish to the fuller extent.  Also what is the cost to a foriegner for legal services of a lawyer? maybe it was less expensive to psy the 2000TL other than pay the many 1000'sTL to a lawyer and wait years.

In the meantime, owners who have paid can use their properties, and the ones that have not paid can also enjoy their properties without parting with a penny whilst they continue to fight in the law courts, and pay the lesser legal fee's. or none.

I am surprised at the amount of people that are now saying yes we understand, would you be so happy? I know that I would not.  so you pay all your insurance for the property, and when something goes wrong and you need to claim, the insurance companies rub their hands in glee, they do not need to pay out as the owners are not the legal owners.

principles do not pay bills or put a roof over your head.

As a foot note, I have never in any post advocated the boycotting of the restaurant, that is for individuals to make up their own minds.  but a post to be warned or warn what can happens when a good agent is not used who checks all the facts and ensures that no monies are parted with until the buyer is able to gain full legal access to a property. 

I started this thread, copied from Ex-pats forum.  I found it interesting,
Especially after reading pages  of posted comments boycotting businesses because a charity or an evening was ruined somewhere in Calis. Personally I don't ,t give a fig what goes on in bars/restaurants, I am more than able to make up my own mind. Yet what still upsets me more is the two tiered system when problems arise. No matter what the principles a building company goes to the wall it is the nearly owners to  suffer, no property no money,  in this case 2000tl versus 349tl, the cost of the judge is now over 6000tl plus the lawyer fees. A national is spared much of this expense as they are not in need of translators etc. The info posted regarding the law is not much help when there is no one to sue, and a worthless property.

It was interesting reading the replies. It may come in to use again when the next victims owns nothing or not able to use a £50kplus property,

Now off to enjoy the sunshine ;-)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 14:25:59 PM »

I think it's a sham that a company
Like manzara can go doing this for so long without
Being brought to court.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2014, 13:01:45 PM »
I believe that a Law was introduced not so long ago, (I posted something about it somewhere on here before) I think, the Law No is : 3194 - Iskan 2009.  If I had a problem with an Iskan & was paying for the services of a lawyer to remedy the situation - I would be asking the 'Lawyer' about it., rather than keep my fingers crossed & 'hope' they are acting in my best interests...............

Been there, done that, got the scars...........

"If, a resident who doesn’t have an Iskan due to builder’s insurance debts due to the government, will now not have to foot the entire part of that debt.

Instead, according to the new law, the resident will only have to pay a part of that government insurance debt based on the square metre of their property.

However, they will still have to clear the debts of the tax and council, to be able to apply for the Iskan.

And the second element of the law change is that building permission does not have to be re-applied for."

http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6009

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf