Author Topic: Nationwide Cash Card - Unwelcome rule changes.  (Read 6413 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Card - Unwelcome rule changes.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 21:22:35 PM »
Whats going on here all the posts are contradicting the previous post i still haven't got a clue whats happening help [?][^]

Offline Pattimac

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 21:25:43 PM »
I asked Nationwide today if people in Turkey were affected by this 1% charge and was told yes - they will be. They weren't before but will be now. Only countries using the Euro will be exempt from the 1% charge.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 21:34:04 PM »
On the Nationwide internet site it clearly states that the charge will not be applied to withdrawals made in Turkey.

Offline spencer family

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 21:34:16 PM »
I have just looked on Nationwides Web Site and it states against Turkey "No Charge"

Offline Pattimac

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 22:07:14 PM »
The Nationwide girl I spoke to on the phone also said it depends which colour your card is. The blue one is affected by new 1% charge - she said.  There again who knows ??  Sounds like conflicting information from Nationwide :(

Offline farmer

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 22:49:16 PM »
Why don't people read the first post on a new subject before dashing off contrary information replies?
Ian mentions Flex Account Visa cards.
Jaquie Harvey refers to " scares " regarding Nationwide. Read the first topic post.
Saoirse says Flex Account Cards are still OK. No they are not. Read the first topic post.
I only reported the changes in use for a Flexaccount Cash Card.
I did not report any changes to any other version of a Flex Account card, eg Flex Account Visa card or whatever.
The Nationwide website is still saying, under " Using your card abroad" that a Cash Card can still be used to withdraw cash from an ATM abroad. I have contacted Nationwide about this and they have replied that when Flex Account Cash Card holders have their cards replaced by Cash Card + the cards cannot be used in non UK ATM's.

Some variations of Flex Account cards can and will still be able to be used to draw cash from non UK ATM,s.

These were not the subject of my original post.

Oh, and lastly, thanks to all those who have given me info regarding Turkish Banks, both in reply to this topic and by PM.
Regards,
Farmer

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 07:35:36 AM »
Nationwide has 3 types of accounts with cash cards. One is a savings account called is the cashbuilder card account. This account will have the card replaced between June and October and will not allow withdrawals outside the UK.

The Nationwide Flexaccount comes in two types. There is a Nationwide Flexaccount with a cash card and an account which is the full blown current account with a visa debit card.

The cashcard flexaccount was originally introduced to help those people who did not qualify for a full current account in the UK. The account did not have a cheque book,cheque guarantee card or overdraft facilities. It was an account that was issued as a response of the governments concerns that millions of people were being neglected by the banking industry. This card is being replaced and with the new card withdrawals cannot be made in Turkey. It was perfect for those people living abroad because it did not come with the bells and whistles that are not required abroad.

The full blown current account with the visa debit card will continue as it does at the moment and withdrawals can be made in Turkey. The Nationwide web site states that the charge is not levied on withdrawals made in Turkey.

Hope this helps.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »
Nice explanation Gerry  8) I've known all along that my Flex Account Visa Debit Card is still OK  8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by farmer

Why don't people read the first post on a new subject before dashing off contrary information replies?
Jaquie Harvey refers to " scares " regarding Nationwide. Read the first topic post.

Regards,
Farmer

I read and comprehend really well actually. (I can even remember how to spell people's names) I was merely stating a fact, it was nothing personal. Every year, usually just around Spring time, there is a posting that one or other Nationwide card will be changed, there is then a mass input with varying Nationwide stories from CBF members about all their Nationwide cards.  After this we find our particular card is not affected and we can use it without problem.

Offline farmer

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »
Sorry Jaquui, mea culpa. That is a solecism I will try to avoid repeating in future.
However, there are changes in the Nationwide Flexaccount Cash Card rules. After these I find MY particular cars IS Affected and I CANNOT use it without problem.

farmer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf