Author Topic: Cash machine inside Kipa  (Read 7465 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Cash machine inside Kipa
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 13:35:12 PM »
Since getting the Revolut one, I've also got the N26, Monzo and Starling cards. All very useful and it means I can spread my cards around in various hiding places.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 13:44:18 PM »
I got myself a Starling Card (I'm a big Halifax clarity fan) and it's brill for me - I transfer £s from my UK bank account online on my phone (to Starling Card) sitting on the hotel balcony, go directly to Calis/Fethiye ATM and take it out in lira in resort - no interest, great exchange rate, all done and dusted in no time.

Still use the Halifax Card, mainly for purchases/restaurants, but for cash you can't beat the convenience of Starling. And you get interest on any money sitting in the account.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 19:44:42 PM »
Gawd there was me thinking im “getting down with the kids” and being brave thinking about using my Halifax clarity to withdraw sterling, I didnt in the end as on a new attempt the Akbank opp change shop in Fethiye suddenly paid out to us but now Im reading about a new card/account called Starling please can someone supply me with more details about the starling cheers one and all

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 19:55:53 PM »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 21:23:40 PM »
Hi Karen

The big difference between Halifax Clarity and Starling (for me) is that with Halifax you pay interest on cash withdrawals from when you withdraw it - ok competitive rates etc but there is a charge.

For cash the Starling card is perfect for me. If you can check your main bank account balance online when in Turkey, and move money, it is brilliant. You set up Starling as one of the places you move money to (no different to when you send your partner or friend money), then send it from your account to Starling.

Simple as...send £20/£200/£1000 to Starling, job done -  get up from Dawn Beach, walk to ATM, stick Starling card in, take out £20 etc in crisp Turkish Lirasis  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 07:46:28 AM »
Ah ok thanks Keith that sounds the way to go re Starling I must admit I had read that you start accumulating interest on the Clarity cash withdrawals  until you pay it off so decided not to go down that route...Thanks all for taking time to reply

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 13:20:18 PM »
Right iv just opened a starling account obviously i need the card to make withdrawals with my question is can i wivdraw GBP on it from say Akbank atm or do you draw out TL? Thanks   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf