Author Topic: Dolphins  (Read 11204 times)

Offline jacqui13

Dolphins
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 18:09:26 PM »
Hi, we are visiting Calis last 2 weeks in October, is there anywhere close to Calis, I don't know area, where my daughter could swim with them? Or are there dolphin watching cruises in the area? Thanks.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Dolphins
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 18:56:56 PM »
Hamish McTurk advertises trips to swim with Dolphins, dont know any details though.  They have an office next to Migros and also in Hisaronu. :)

Offline jacqui13

Dolphins
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 09:02:58 AM »
Thanks for that Tribalelder. I have emailed them to ask for details. :)

Offline woody

Dolphins
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 22:15:03 PM »
For enyone interested inswimming with dolphins try this web site in Kas     www.yunusterapisi.com

Offline fletch

Dolphins
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 20:13:33 PM »
We swam with the dolphins in the Cas centre, it was a fab experience and only cost £45 per person. :o

My eldest son has special needs and as such was accompanied by my wife, the cost was still only £45. :)

Anyone interested in doing the same can contact me for details of the cheapest way to do so. I can also post pictures of our experience if required. :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Dolphins
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 20:38:21 PM »
I would love to see the pics Fletch.  I have worked with special needs kids in Hydrotherapy pools and seen the benefits.  I would have loved to have been there to see him swim with the dolphins, unfortunately the pics will have to do.

Offline PomegranateTree

Dolphins
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 22:27:41 PM »
tony Posted - 24/06/2006 : 21:59:54

Theyre wonderful creatures Dolphins sometimes I wish I was one.

Re - the above comment.

Yes, I agree with Tony that dolphins are indeed wonderful creatures. They are also very intelligent and sociable creatures, which are meant to swim with other dolphins in the great wide oceans. Perhaps Tony wouldn't be so eager to be a dolphin if it was one of the poor, pathetic, caged creatures that swim around and around and maybe around again, that you find in Kas, or Bodrum - you get the idea? British tourists supporting these kind of dubious ventures really should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

I would suggest to the parents of the son with special needs, that he would perhaps get more benefit and enjoyment from you charting a fishing boat for the day and getting the skipper to show you wild dolphins swimming around the coves and inlets, around the Lycian coast. He would also get to appreciate the beauty, grace and wonders that nature has to offer the human species, rather than throwing dead sardines at them, patting them on the head like good little puppies and getting them to flip over backwards for you. "Oh my, look how clever they are, they can even splash water at the audience, with their flippers"!?

Wild animals are not here for human entertainment and exploitation. Anyone who thinks differently - Well, perhaps you're even sadder than the caged dolphins?

Offline fletch

Dolphins
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 23:27:41 PM »
WOW! you are one ignorant person.

The dolphins at Cas were subjected to injury by fisherman's nets and rescued. They would be dead now if things were done your way.

The way in which the dolphins were treated was nothing like your description of splashing water etc etc. they were given a set schedule which was not very long at all, that they would spend with each person and stress levels were of the utmost importance.

Like your member name I am sure that you are one of those people that are surely out of their one, tree that is!

If you actually knew anything about my son, of which you don't, you would appreciate that taking him to see them in the wild wouldn't do that much as his eyesight would not allow him to view them.

This forum is about the freedom to express opinion and on this occasion I must understand that people are different.

These dolphins are kept in a Safe environment and give pleasure to many children that benefit from such a place. Where do you stop as a person believing in natural habitat rights? do you eat meat? do you eat fish? do you drink milk? do you use the toilet? do you smoke? do you drive a car? do you use make up? do you wear leather?

The toilet one may have stumped you but your waste is pumped right into a dolphins natural environment, the rest are self explanatory.

If animals are caged and treated badly, then I would agree that it should be stopped but let me tell you that most animal sanctuaries that retrieve badly treated animals, take them to a place that still has a fence and then charge people to visit as the money is what provides the facility in the first place.

As you can tell, I think I have taken this very well!![:(!]

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Dolphins
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »
Here is some piccies of my brothers girlfriend and 3yr old daughter swimming with the dolphins in Cas and having a once in a lifetime experience, they had a great time.

Tink:D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:44:32 AM by tinkerman »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Dolphins
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 10:04:58 AM »
How amazing  - fantastic photos Tink.  I have been lucky enough to swim with both wild and 'caged' dolphins.  I have seen the benefit first hand of children experiencing the magic of these creatures and Fletch your son must have been thrilled.  I would, please, love to see photos and receive contact details if possible.  We have promised my daughter that we would go to Cas on one of our trips and may try to do it in August if we can get booked.......Pomegranite Tree  :o - sorry, think you have lost touch with reality.  My cousin trains Dolphins in USA, is a psychologist and lectures on these incredible creatures.  Believe me, he would not do so if he felt the Dolphins were not the sociable, loving and caring creatures that they are.  They willingly interact and it is acknowledged that they experience pleasure by swimming with humans.  (Sensitive humans that respect them and treat them gently and kindly...).  Share some time with a child with special needs and watch the stimulation and joy that a brief relationship with these animals offers them  :).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf