Author Topic: What does / did the Forum do for you?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
What does / did the Forum do for you?
« on: December 20, 2007, 18:07:52 PM »
There are many different personalities and a great mix - being polite to some - of members on CBF - some living in Turkey - some about to - some dreaming of doing it and others who just like holidays to the area.

There are those who seem to be watching the screen every minute - others who come and go quite regularly - those who drift in and drift out and those who seem to come on purely to wind everyone up!

For us the forum gave me invaluable information to make a property purchase abroad - it continues to give us information to plan to spend months instead of weeks there in 15 months time (counting!)

And it gives me hope that on those dark wet cold nights in the UK it keeps me in touch with those who have made the move and are living their dream and that allows me to go to bed at night and have my dream!

At 56 after another day where I come home - think of my day at work - think to myself "life is too short - just do it".

I know I can do it because others have and they are prepared to share their experiences good and bad for the benefit of others who are planning to follow.

So thank you to everyone - sorry if it's a bit deep but thought I should say it  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 18:23:37 PM »
Ask not what the forum does for you, but what you can do for the forum

Scunner F. Kennedy

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 21:56:24 PM »
"I am a jelly doughnut" :)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 16:27:08 PM »
I thought I would rekindle this thread as it never got off the ground the first time - some people never learn - I hear you say!!!!

We have had some "slight" disagreements in some threads recently - not a big deal but I just wanted to say - as I said in my post post on this thread - this forum has been fantastic for us - for our research to come out from this year for 6-months each summer.

Our flights are booked for April 30th and we would never have got to this point if it had not been for the good people of CBF!

I am naturally cautious but the "intelligence" I get from the forum means I am making well thought out calculated decisions about our future!

Looking through my old posts to find this one really reinforced just how much information I have gleened from this forum - from buying our little place - to getting married in Fethiye - to saving up for our semi-retirement in Fethiye etc etc.

You ask a question - you get a number of views - you learn from the experiences good and bad and the mistakes others share with you.

Thank you very much -  long may it remain for years to come
 :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 20:02:55 PM by Ian »

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 17:16:40 PM »
These comments really touch a nerve with me, I have recently joinned the forum, dip in and out, took the plunge and purchased in Ovacik and had loads of super advice from the forum to boot!

I plan to get out to Turkey 3 or 4 times a year and for months on end when I retire so I for one will remain a CBF fan and active member from here to eternity!.

Kevin in cold cold North Wales!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 17:34:11 PM »
CBF RUINED MY LIFE!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 17:39:01 PM »
No - the damage was already done :D

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 19:53:04 PM »
Like P K Hughes, I think this thread will touch a few hearts.  We too dip in and out of the forum and sometimes I dip in a few too many times hence the lack of ironing done and no food in the cupboards.  To read other peoples comments, advice and ideas is so informative.  It makes Calis and its surrounding areas seem so close when we are in England over the winter months.
Thank you to all those that answer the questions posed by other members, thanks to too those that moderate/watch the threads.
Pompeylil

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 20:18:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

CBF RUINED MY LIFE!

:D And mine, I met you lot, ;)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 21:01:18 PM »

Ian
      I'm  sure you will both make a go of it however much time you spend in Fethiye, as you both seem determined to live your dream,and we wish you all the best

Only six more years and we hope to spend a lot more time there   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf