Author Topic: What does / did the Forum do for you?  (Read 3160 times)

Offline marina

What does / did the Forum do for you?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 21:25:12 PM »
I usually read this forum most days although don't always contribute.  However, I get a lot of laughs, information and entertainment just by reading the posts of other people.  By doing this it brings Calis a whole lot closer and I know that when we go back in May for our holiday there, it will seem like home and we instantly relax as soon as we arrive.

This forum gives so much in the way of information that we can get some ideas of new things to do, and different places to see before we get there.  I also know that if I wanted to ask a question then I'm sure there'll be someone out there with the answer.  (polite or otherwise!)

At the moment we can only holiday in Calis but our dream is to do like you Ian and, when we can both retire, spend a few months of the year out there.  

Hope things go well for you and thanks to all who contribute and police (!) this forum  :D

Offline Eric

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 21:58:13 PM »
Its made me laugh, its made me mad, its given me information, its given me something to read when I am bored ;) Its made me frustrated and it has made me very happy.  Not necessarily in equal proportions but, I'm afraid to say, its probably part of my life now:D:( ;):-\[:(!][?] 8) :o :)[:X][^][:o)]: :) :-\[8)][|)][xx(][8]

Offline elaina

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 14:16:10 PM »
I have found the forum very informative - wish I had found before I did then maybe I would not be where I am now!!! I certainly would not have so many problems anyway.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 14:45:12 PM »
This forum is a window into Turkey for me - my other home, and where a lot of my heart lies. The news - good or bad - keeps my memories alive and keeps me going until the next time I am there. I dont respond to that many of the threads but feel I know a lot of the people in the community. Long may it continue - where would lots of us be without our daily fix of CBF!

Offline minimoo

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 15:09:40 PM »
I have been using the forum for a couple of years now. Certainly wish it had been in exsistence before I moved over here. I'm sure the information provided would have made starting life here much easier. I read the forum every day, and am gradually getting braver about posting. It does make you realise how opinions differ, and as long as everyone gets a fair say, there's nothing wrong with a good old debate!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 15:10:25 PM by minimoo »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 15:34:02 PM »
It gives me entertainment, information, frustration, irritation.  I have made friends through it, it is a daily essential.

Offline tiddly winks

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 16:13:12 PM »
It's kept me going throughout the cold months with what's happening, and it's a link to somewhere which I now love after one holiday there!
Gotta check it at least once a day now. :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 22:25:12 PM »
The legend that is Lance.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 22:41:52 PM »
I think like most of the others say the forum is a daily (usually a few times a day for me) part of life now. I find it very informative and really enjoy the banter that goes on. Even though a large proportion of the posts are about Calis(and why wouldnt they be)and my place is in Ovacik I still feel quite at home on here. I get a bit peeved with a few of the angry heads that come and go from time to time but it all makes for a good forum and long may it continue. Well done Keith & the team. :)
Paul

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 22:56:30 PM »
Cheers Paul  :)

If I thought an Ovacik forum would sustain itself I'd do one, same for Uzumlu - but I think 90% of what you guys post is not Ovacik specific and fits in here OK.

The thing about the 'angry heads' that I find amusing is that we read in this very topic how people find it a necessary daily visit to catch up on what's going on, but equally so do the 'angry heads' who come to disrupt it. I'd call that an achievement  ;) Also the "I don't read that rubbish" sector; how is it they know exactly what is being said on CBF :D

What the forum does for me (nowadays) is much the same as those who have lived in the UK since CBF began - I keep in touch with what goes on with my friends over there and the people over here I met over there.

It also gives me the chance to work part time (I only do 19 hours a day now) for p*** poor remuneration, keeping 5800 happy and 200 miserable. I am particularly happy that the popularity of CBF irritates a small number of people. Now, where's the middle finger smiley :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf