Author Topic: Gordon Brown Spells Name Wrong  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Gordon Brown Spells Name Wrong
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 17:11:03 PM »
Give the bloke a break

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 17:59:46 PM »
It's not the spelling it the sentiment that counts, he lost a child himself and he knows how this woman must feel.
I think this grieving Mother has been manipulated by a nasty, calculating, low life newspaper.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 18:05:36 PM »
I don't think so, not entirely anyway. What sort of person makes a premeditated decision to record a telephone call from someone who is offering condolences on the death of their son? To me, the answer is someone who from the outset planned a hidden agenda, fortunately aided by the death of her own child.

Offline minimoo

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 18:22:20 PM »
I totally agree with all of the above. I know he is not the most popular guy in the UK at the moment, but this really does seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. As Scunner said, it was nice of him to write at all.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 18:24:28 PM »
Spot on.Why would any one, especially a mother who has lost a son in rotten circumstances seek to gain anything in the death of her son ?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 20:08:24 PM »
That's heartening to read the level of support for someone who I believe is basically a decent man.

Offline Sharon_Lawtey

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 21:32:32 PM »
I agree with what the above have said,i think god forbid if i had lost my son the last thing i would think about was recording a telephone conversion, people spell my name wrong everyday! so what

Offline arrian

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:27 AM »
surely the mother had to have made the first move in contacting the newspaper, or nobody would have been any the wiser. i' on G.B.'s side this time

Offline nuttybird

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
I agree with all, I can not beleive this has gone on for so long in the press now. I feel for the woman who lost her son i do, but why go to the press with the letter, why record the phone call, how awful. Under completely different circumstances, I have lost my brother and my previous partner, and at the times of their deaths I couldnt even think straight, i couldnt pick up the phone to call anyone let alone think along those lines. I think GB did a throughly decent thing by handwriting a letter to her, so what if he makes spelling mistakes we all do, and then this lady goes to the press with it and then proceeds to record the phone call. Beggers belief really.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 09:16:31 AM »
I don't want a decent man, I want the right man running not ruining the country.Ok he might lack the media trained image of tony and to say he took a poisoned chalice, when he for so many years was involved in assisting tony in getting us to where we are today. back to the letter it's a shame that his letter sent with all well meaning heart was miss spelt, and shame on the Sun for running this. however if what the mother say's is true that her son could have lived if a helicopter was their, then shame on Mr Brown for having nearly as many people working for the MOD and we have in Army, Navy and Airforce put together.thats where the monies gone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf