Author Topic: Indian Call Centres  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Tori___

Indian Call Centres
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:15:58 PM »
I used to work for HSBC in their call centre in Leeds.
They amount of times i got a customer coming through saying "pheww thank god your english"

I used to get people slagging me off down the phone (when they thought i couldnt hear). One old woman say "ergh i think shes from up north, scotland somewhere"
Scotland!!!!!

Unfortunatly even though ive worked in a call centre ive got absolutely no faith in call centres abroad. Half the time they dont listen to what your actually saying and talk over you!!

Worst places, Santander & 3
Best, T Mobile (but only if u call on an evening)

Offline littlereddevil

Indian Call Centres
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »
Like Gerry I try not to deal with companies who have Indian call centres, and I tell them why.
I never know what they say and even if I do I keep saying 'pardon' just to be awkward,and coming from the NE of Scotland they never really know what I say.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Indian Call Centres
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »
Before i moved to Calis, i had a phone call from a call centre, the Indian guy wanted me to know my gas meter reading, i told him it was in a dark cupboard under the kitchen worktops, and i couldn't find my torch to read it, he told me to use a match, so i told him where to go(well sort of)and slammed the phone down, i never heard from him again, lol. Alan

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Indian Call Centres
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
It isn't just call centres, the ability to communicate doesn't seem to be considered necessary by many UK employers (oh, I've just remembered another story for a new topic) - on returning to the UK the girls were keen to try so many places and things they'd seen on tv but didn't have in Turkey, one of those being KFC. I can't stand it, to me it's like greasy chicken covered in a high performance fat retaining coating, but they wanted to try it and try it we did.

This was around 5-30pm on a Saturday, so a good time you would have thought. Two things struck me about the place, firstly that *nothing* had been made, the food shelves and hot cabinets were all entirely empty, and secondly that with the exception of around 4 tables, the rest were empty of people, but entirely stacked with abandoned chicken bones, empty cups and the like, with chips and used serviettes on the floor below each one. Nobody was clearing them and nobody was cleaning.

Anyway, we realised it might be best to take away, so I ordered a Family Vomit Bucket or something. I had to repeat it about 3 times, even though they must sell thousands of them and hear the phrase dozens of times every day. Finally we got there,I pointed at one I think, and the guy informed me it would involve a wait. No surprise there, but I had to ask him 4 times to repeat what he was saying. *Something* then "minutes".

Should anyone have the misfortune to visit Perth KFC, I can save you some time by informing you that "welb" actually is "twelve".

I have no time for racism, as most people don't. The point is, I was trying to deal with a guy who was perfectly suited for a job at Perth KFC - cleaning the floor and tables so we can at least sit down after standing for welb minutes.

Offline ronzeus

Indian Call Centres
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 17:36:02 PM »
If you think Indian call centres are bad ,try calling a Scouse one .:P

Offline dreamon

Indian Call Centres
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 18:21:11 PM »
Alwight girl, whats yer grouse den, wid us scousers.
Not R fault if you can't speak proper like what we do. :D:D

Offline cheers

Indian Call Centres
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 18:44:37 PM »
Not many scouse call centres left now all gone to India!!
If you thought you couldn't understand us you have no hope with the Indians!  They are now using bullying tactics!!  Had one supplier on the phone today complaining to us how they had been dealt with by the Indians.
I was annoyed last night with 3 because I wanted to cancel an account I had with them but the operator said he couldn't do it and I had to ring back today!!!!!!!!  I asked for the supervisor who was shouting that much that I had to tell him to "Caaalm down! Caaalm down)  Was promised a call back today and am still waiting.
But hey ho the next generation of call centres is going to be in Bangladesh so then we'll be asking for the Indians back!!!!
Asif!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf