Author Topic: losing weight  (Read 47014 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: losing weight
« Reply #740 on: May 04, 2013, 18:00:30 PM »
A plumber friend of ours is doing this diet.  He does two consecutive days (Tuesday and Wednesday) because he doesn't go out on these nights and on the other days he has a drink.  Despite eating normally on the five days he is successfully losing weight.

I started on Wednesday and today was my second day, haven't found it too difficult.  Like others I will choose two days when we are not eating out.  In the UK we drink very little but here we tend to drink more so only drink every second or third day unless we have visitors.

Have no scales here but  I'll know by my clothes if it is working.

Offline Lotty

losing weight
« Reply #741 on: May 04, 2013, 18:14:48 PM »
Just eat and yes 'drink'  normally normal on your 5 days Keith, obviously don't be tempted to pig out to compensate!  Oddly I find it's helped curb any need to snack etc. on normal days. It really is a very comfortable diet once you get used to it. We eat out regularly and like a drink I don't have a real sweet tooth but if I fancy dessert I have it. Just be good on your diet days.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #742 on: May 05, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
A month ago I bought the book off Ebay it is called The fast diet by Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer, my friends were doing the diet and highly recommened it, in the book there is lots of info on how it works and some meal plans for the days when you limit your calories... I have not started it yet but am hoping to this week and on hearing all the other CBF members weight loss stories this has spurred me on to get started  ;)

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #743 on: May 05, 2013, 21:50:39 PM »
I agree about The Fast Diet (but don't buy the recipe book by accident like my sister in law did).  I'm currently reading my fourth book on the subject since the middle of April!!  Obsessive or what?  I'd say The Fast Diet was easily the best and the clearest.  Luckily it was the first one I read.

Scunner, stick to your 600 calories on your fast days and you can't go far wrong.  Some people say it doesn't matter what you eat on the other days and others say just don't go overboard and you'll be OK.  I'd suggest that the 2nd bit of advice is nearer the mark.  It's a fab diet but it isn't magic.  You have to have an overall deficit in calories for it to work properly.  If you're only eating 600 for 2 days a week you'd have to really overeat the other days not to lose weight though.  Mind you, we had an Indian take away last weekend, friends round last night for a barbecue and a Chinese just now and I'm still confident of a loss of some kind when I weigh myself on Tuesday so it is almost magic.   ;D  You do lose some of your ability/desire to stuff yourself silly too so that helps.

If anyone's thinking of starting this diet give yourself a week or two to get used to it and start noticing the benefits.  The first fast day or three can feel really weird but you get used to it and it's really worth it.  I don't feel like I'm on a diet nearly all the time and when I'm doing a fast day now I feel really great, if a little hungry.  It's worth reading the book if you can bring yourself to do it too.  Or just read stuff on the internet about it.  The benefits are so much more than just losing weight.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #744 on: May 05, 2013, 21:59:37 PM »
I am fine with the 600 calories days strangely enough, I just wonder if they are worth it because I seem to put all gains back on in one good night out. I did Tuesday and Thursday as 600 calorie days and while they weren't exactly fun, they were also days of achievement. But when we took the girls out for a celebration, I had lost 4 pounds already that week.

Next morning, exactly 4 pounds back on. Seems really unfair, if I weighed everything I consumed that day it would come to nowhere near 4lb in weight so how does it happen!!!

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #745 on: May 05, 2013, 22:11:26 PM »
I lose weight on a fast day and put it on in between but it all comes off again and more next time.  The overall affect is weight loss.  Honest.  Best thing is to weigh yourself the morning after your fast days and not at any other time.  Hard to do but worth it.  Stick with it.  I'm sure it'll work.  It is for me and diets never work for me.

Offline Lotty

losing weight
« Reply #746 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:37 AM »
Personally I'd stay off the daily scale routine, it always fluctuates. You'll get a better idea of exact loss by weighing in at the same time of day once a week. I always feel a terrific sense of achievement at the end of my diet days!

Offline angela

« Reply #747 on: May 07, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
definitley don't get hung up on scales, it's totally counter-productive to weigh yourself all the time, how your clothes fit is a much better indicator of how you are doing

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #749 on: May 17, 2013, 16:59:09 PM »
Ooh great!!  Thanks.   ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf