Author Topic: No Charges in G20 Death!!!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
No Charges in G20 Death!!!
« on: July 22, 2010, 13:45:41 PM »
Experts can't agree how newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson died so the policeman who knocked him to the floor from behind, as he walked home with his hands in his pockets, will not be prosecuted.

A very sad day for Great Britain and a green light for the thugs protected inside our police force.

:-\

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 14:13:00 PM »
He's hardly got away with it though. I understand the time limit for an assault charge has passed but he is suspended and will face disciplinary action. They won't prosecute if there isn't a good chance of a conviction these days.

"Jenny Jones, a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority, said: "It's clearly an outcome that satisfies absolutely nobody and everybody comes out of it badly.

"The reputation of the police is poor, and morale won't be very good if public perception is that the police constantly get away with crimes and are never brought to justice.

"If everybody had moved a bit faster we might have actually been in the time-frame for an assault charge to be brought," she added.

Expressing "regret" for Mr Tomlinson's family, a Metropolitan Police spokesman, said: "There will, of course, be an inquest where the facts will be heard publicly. This is important for the family of Ian Tomlinson as well as Met officers and Londoners.

"We now await the IPCC's investigation report before being able to carefully consider appropriate misconduct proceedings," he said."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 14:13:39 PM by stoop »

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 14:34:37 PM »

So the policeman "might" get a slap on the wrist or even lose his job, while his victim is still dead, justice eh!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 14:46:12 PM »
Exactly.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 14:46:19 PM »
Not at all - justice can only be dealt with by the courts and as yet there is not enough evidence to convict the policemen of anything. A lesser charge of assault could have been brought against him but the time limit has now passed for that. Everyone, including the police force, know he was wrong to do what he did and should be punished for it. However the CPS says the evidence is not enough to prove that the push killed or lead to the man's death.

This happens all the time and the CPS have to be pretty sure they will get a conviction before they take a case to court. Rightly or wrongly that's the way they work.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 14:56:01 PM »

He was really giving the police a hard time, really threatening, walking away from them with his hands in his pockets. They left it to long to procecute for assault, how convenient.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 15:08:31 PM »
Let's be honest here. I feel for the guy and his family but reports say he had been obstructive just before this incident and he was not responding to requests to move on (probably because he was so drunk). However I can think of many police forces throughout the 'civilised world' that would have beaten him to a pulp, dragged him off to a cell and prosecuted HIM for obstruction.

How many times have you heard the phrase ' Don't upset the police in this or that foreign country or they will sort you out good and proper' (or words to that effect).

However the copper was wrong and if they find that his action contributed to the guy's death then I agree he should be prosecuted.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 20:43:02 PM »
I bet if you did the same thing on a saturday night and were seen by the police it would be a different story.
I say its a load of ball&ocks
Ron 8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 20:44:39 PM by legless »

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 22:10:08 PM »
"However I can think of many police forces throughout the 'civilised world' that would have beaten him to a pulp, dragged him off to a cell and prosecuted HIM for obstruction."

And this is worse than being killed.!!![xx(]

Offline BM06

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 22:28:38 PM »
The officer concerned Pc Harwood if my memory is correct should never have been a serving officer, he had been dismissed from the force and had rejoined under dubious circumstances iE lied, perhaps, this was the reason he was not prosecuted, massive claim? should never have been there in the first place, just a thought!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf