Author Topic: I'm back - with apologies  (Read 1921 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
I'm back - with apologies
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 20:29:52 PM »
have missed your posts, sorry to hear all thats been happening, and fingers crossed that things continue to get better for you both x

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 21:17:03 PM »
I have been wondering where you were, and was thinking about you the other day when we saw some manuka honey ! and now you appear, hope everything continues uphill for you both,take care.x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 21:38:23 PM »
Being honest I'd bin that honey if I were you Linda

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 23:10:23 PM »
 8) Trust you,but "being honest" I was going to post something similar, ;) just to lighten the load, so to speak,

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 00:58:21 AM »
Well it looks like Carl is getting back to form again.
We were discussing what we were going to do to raise some much needed cash (apart from selling the properties in Turkey or at least 2 of them!)
Carl fresh from his cardio rehab (exercise class) had a brainwave. We think this might work - here it is :-
"Let's start an exercise class, we'll just open on Sundays & I've got the right name for it, we'll call it Jehovahs' fitnesses." I'm sure it will catch on? LOL - Apologies to those easily offended!

Tis good to be back. It's such a relief not having to worry about him all the time. It's also nice to be able to type again without being in agony.

Thanks for all your welcome backs - I'm gonna take it slowly but will get in touch with those of you I need to before too much longer.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 04:54:33 AM »
Welcome back Linda and Carl, any chance we might see you again in the hear future?
Best Wishes

Andy ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »
Have missed you. Good to hear that there is some brightness in your lives now.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 17:35:09 PM »
Tinx - we wish!

Carl has had a slight setback (having slight heart bumps again) as the consultant took him off the one lot of tabs - much to my disgust as he hadn't seen the results from Cardiff. Looking up on here about 'Sticky blood' or Hughes syndrome it appears the ones he took him off are the ones they specifically recommend for what he has. I've ordered them again from chemist for him so hopefully come Thursday we'll have them for him. Unfortunately we can't get in to see 'our doc' until 27th - we can sit & talk to him & I'll take the info from the web too.

It's a worry but I'm sure we'll get it sorted fairly quickly - at the moment the bumps aren't too bad & hopefully we'll get the prescription & he'll be fine once he restarts these. We need to get him fully sorted out with no bumps before we'd even consider coming out plus he really needs the cardio rehab as he's spent far too long laid up so his stamina is way down.

Carl is fine in himself now, laughing & joking. NOT that he was a total misery guts when this was all happening but it did put a distinct dampener on his joie de vivre.

We'll play it by ear but I don't see us out before October at the earliest. I don't know whether we even have electricity at the villas at the moment and am wondering if we're going to be able to get through the gate? LOL It'll be a hotel stay initially. I'm not even looking at flights at the moment, not until I know Carl will be fine with no problems.

Laffa - I took him in 3 jars of Manuka honey when he was in for over 3 weeks telling him to have a teaspoon 3 times a day. He assured me he WAS doing this BUT told me he didn't need another jar yet?? Hmmmm - he should have used up 3+ jars. He came home with 21/2 jars. That's men for you! IF he'd taken 3 teaspoons a day he'd probably have not come down with any infection. MEN!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 17:47:36 PM »
I was assessing a lady in hospital and spotted that she had the Manucka habit.  Thought of you Linda :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf